Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
THANK YOU
Been meaning to make this thread for weeks.
Lack mental retention to do it.
I'd play there A LOT.

Gen.mcMuster

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
yeah, a number of concise rotation servers (Payload maps, Attack/Defense maps, CP) that cater to people with different tastes would be better than just having a big "blanket" server that empties out whenever a map shows up that people don't like.

A good example would be "No Heroes" Goldrush/badwater server.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
yeah, a number of concise rotation servers (Payload maps, Attack/Defense maps, CP) that cater to people with different tastes would be better than just having a big "blanket" server that empties out whenever a map shows up that people don't like.

No Heroes is fun. I'll play there with Headful and Scrambles on occasion.

Bottiger

Administrator
That server is crap and you know it, it rarely ever has more than 16 people on it

People tend to leave during level changes regardless of whether its a different map or a 24/7 map. That's why our 24/7 maps never change levels. On our rotation servers, there is a vote to change the map at the end of the round, so people generally pick the map they want to play.

I am trying that on the west coast server.

Gen.mcMuster

People tend to leave during level changes regardless of whether its a different map or a 24/7 map. That's why our 24/7 maps never change levels. On our rotation servers, there is a vote to change the map at the end of the round, so people generally pick the map they want to play.

:)YAY!

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor

I agree that people leave during the map change. But you said that we dont need a granary server since we have it on rotation, how can people have a good 24-32 player experience if there are never enough to stick around.

And yea, combining maps like badlands/granary/5gorge, gravelpit/egypt/gorge, maybe goldrush/badwater as mentioned, would be awesome.

Gen.mcMuster

I agree that people leave during the map change. But you said that we dont need a granary server since we have it on rotation, how can people have a good 24-32 player experience if there are never enough to stick around.

And yea, combining maps like badlands/granary/5gorge, gravelpit/egypt/gorge, maybe goldrush/badwater as mentioned, would be awesome.
you could even get rid of a few of the less populated servers to compensate for the increased price too.

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
you could even get rid of a few of the less populated servers to compensate for the increased price too.
Yeah that's what i was thinking as well, we really dont need 2 2fort and goldrush servers, even though they are popular maps. replacing them with a mode rotation would be awesome.

Bottiger

Administrator
I think you two need to know I pay very close attention to the popularity of the maps.

http://tf2stats.net/map_list/

We have 2 2Fort and Goldrush servers because they really are much more popular than every other map. As you can see from the list there are 2000-4000 people playing on 2Fort Goldrush Badwater and Dustbowl. Every other map has around 500 players.

We literally don't have an unpopular server. The most unpopulated servers we have is either Fortwars, EU Thundermountain and Upward.

The reason why we didn't have a 24/7 granary is because it has an extremely low player per server count, not to mention a low overall player count. And this is still true. Right now it is 400. Unless you have hundreds of friends lining up to play on a Skial granary server, chances are that it will be totally unpopulated.