N0WBIEtapa

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I found my serial under my laptop and I copied it into the windows installation and it said it is invalid.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Need to give us a bit more information if you want help.... I never understood people who post one sentence and expect a magical solution.

1. Have you used the key before?
2. Are you activating it on a different computer or on the laptop?
3. Do you have any other computers that are currently using that serial?

Also, make sure all your drivers are installed. Sounds stupid but I don't put it past people. If you don't have a LAN or WLAN driver installed and operating, you cannot activate Windows.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
On your laptop you have OEM license code Windows 7 Home Permium, and, most likely, you are trying to install Retail version of Windows 7 HP. OEM key will not work for retail OS. You have to either reach out to Asus and get Win7 they pre-install on their laptops, or call MS so they could try transfer your OEM key to Retail (rarely happens, I would not expect it to happen).

As it was simply put by one individual "The OEM version can only be used once on that system and no tech support from M.S. The RETAIL version can be installed in multiple computers, one at a time. Meaning you can install then deinstall then install in another computer. Plus you can call or email M.S. for tech support."