Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I'm going to be getting a new (more like my first) gaming PC. Everything about it is good, the graphics card the processor, the ram etc... But one thing I am not happy with about it, is that it says it will be pre-installed with Windows 10.

So I'd like to ask you guys, would buying a copy of Windows 7 make it faster? Would it perform better or worse? Because I really don't like the look of 10.

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I've always used a Mac, for about 5 years now I haven't touched Windows. I decided I wanted something that worked a bit better for gaming, I built a PC and installed Windows 10.. gotta say that I'm really loving it at the moment. Better than the last Windows 7 PC I had many years ago!

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Personally I don't care for 10 (having it on my android tablet hybrid). Its pretty shit compared to 7 I think. 7 just has what I want (and you know, most games work for it) and its not cluttered with unnecessary shit. I mean, if you're stuck on 8 then yeah go 10. If you're on 7 I would not recommend changing. To me its not even close to worth the time and hassle.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Windows 10's interface is really clean and honestly I really don't like 7's after using 10 for so long. In terms of speed with gaming and just in general DaividMemer over here is right, there's just about no difference. Except in my case where my 7 installation was fucked and every demanding game stuttered like a mother fucker.