Astir

Legendary Skial King
5882465_700b.jpg

Reactions: DrRuelel

Jade

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
eh im definately going to pass on this one,,, i dont expect very many good games to come out with it...

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My roommate has it. He got the new Super Mario Bros which looks pretty good. The whole network thing is kind of broken though and the menus are insanely slow.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
My roommate has it. He got the new Super Mario Bros which looks pretty good. The whole network thing is kind of broken though and the menus are insanely slow.

That sounds bad for Nintendo. They're on thin ice when it comes to major consoles. Portables are good by them, but the Wii U was expected not to impress, and I was hoping people were wrong about that cause I love Nintendo...but...yeah.

They really need to get their hardware and marketing departments in order because they just argue about selling points and whats possible until they come up with some nifty new idea that is novel, but not groundbreaking instead of going with what works first, then innovating.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That sounds bad for Nintendo. They're on thin ice when it comes to major consoles. Portables are good by them, but the Wii U was expected not to impress, and I was hoping people were wrong about that cause I love Nintendo...but...yeah.

They really need to get their hardware and marketing departments in order because they just argue about selling points and whats possible until they come up with some nifty new idea that is novel, but not groundbreaking instead of going with what works first, then innovating.
Kids are going to want this though. The tablet is pretty cool and way more functional than things before it. Mario is Mario, so I don't think the games will actually be an issue. Unless they work on performance and the network that's going to be a bust though (I think you're not allowed to use your real name..what kind of social network is that?). Also, I found it weird that you had to put in the time, date, where you are, etc. and THEN it asks for your WiFi connection. Why can't it just do it first and have all of that done automatically?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Kids are going to want this though. The tablet is pretty cool and way more functional than things before it. Mario is Mario, so I don't think the games will actually be an issue. Unless they work on performance and the network that's going to be a bust though (I think you're not allowed to use your real name..what kind of social network is that?). Also, I found it weird that you had to put in the time, date, where you are, etc. and THEN it asks for your WiFi connection. Why can't it just do it first and have all of that done automatically?

Well, kids might find it more fun than adults but a lot of times girls (who generally play less violent games) don't even game that much and the younger boys just wanna play CoD. So, yeah they can match current gen but once next gen comes out, they better have made the Wii U much more appealing or it's gonna get buried.

I actually find the Wii to be more of a party machine, though. Mario Party, Wii Sports, Mario Kart are all games you can pretty much get anyone to play. This also hurts numbers because only one person will buy and the rest will go to that person's house and play.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
The only reason I'm going to buy a Wii U when the price goes down is for Pikmin 3, us Pikmin fans have been waiting 8 years for it, I'm just hoping it doesn't become another Duke Nukem: Forever or RAGE where it's super hyped up and ended up blowing donkey cocks.

The data transfer from Wii to Wii U using Pikmin carrying things is pretty neat though.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only reason I'm going to buy a Wii U when the price goes down is for Pikmin 3, us Pikmin fans have been waiting 12 years for it, I'm just hoping it doesn't become another Duke Nukem: Forever or RAGE where it's super hyped up and ended up blowing donkey cocks.

The data transfer from Wii to Wii U using Pikmin carrying things is pretty neat though.
Pikmin was one of my favorite GameCube games.