• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Commander

Truly Feared Pyro
Demoman does NOT have 500DPS...but he does indeed trash the hell out of KOTH, he's the only thing that can get a mass of Heavies off the point and in the meantime can throw stickies and nades everywhere making capping nearly impossible

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Every game mode would work with heavy rush. Highest DPS and highest health in the game.

So a finite amount of health = a downside specifically to heavy? Even if that IS true, Heavy Medic rush = instant win.
just to be clear the weapon with the highest dps in the game is the medic's primary... that's why the medic bots in nearly empty servers are such bullshit.

Conan O'Fryin'

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
just to be clear the weapon with the highest dps in the game is the medic's primary... that's why the medic bots in nearly empty servers are such bullshit.

Better than the Minigun? No, I don't think so. Let's do a comparison

Minigun:

Syringe Gun:

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I swear to god somewhere there is a formula that factors in the spinup time into damage dealt over time, and what the syring gun does over time. If I find it I'll bring it over. hopefully someone will be magic and find it for me. :P

Reactions: Lord Killington

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Its in tf2 wiki....
Bplx
Bpme

bonesaw left - minigun right

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so what's the formula for calculating in spin up time into damage over time if there is no damage spread?
Well, i'm naff at math, but something like this
minigun 1st second, take off 0.87sec's for wind up, leaves 0.23 sec's of firing.. . 540/0.23secs (max damage) = 124 damage
bonesaw max damage in first second = 120 (assuming no firing time)
but bonesaw is going to do this damage almost every hit, whereas minigun is mostly going to be doing half the damage i stated due to distance from target.

All in all though, I would say the weapon with the most dps is the spy's knife.

D

DeadHerald

Vavle doesn't make maps anymore. It lets the community do it at the fraction of the price to keep a full team of coders on staff.
YWiHU.jpg

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Vavle doesn't make maps anymore. It lets the community do it at the fraction of the price to keep a full team of coders on staff.
YWiHU.jpg
To be honest, the mapmakers do get money and a nice note in any future CV, not to mention they did something they found enjoyable (hopefully). It's a win-win situation.

D

DeadHerald

To be honest, the mapmakers do get money and a nice note in any future CV, not to mention they did something they found enjoyable (hopefully). It's a win-win situation.

You're supposed to laugh at the joke, not criticize the sub-text of the setup line.

Conan O'Fryin'

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Well, i'm naff at math, but something like this
minigun 1st second, take off 0.87sec's for wind up, leaves 0.23 sec's of firing.. . 540/0.23secs (max damage) = 124 damage
bonesaw max damage in first second = 120 (assuming no firing time)
but bonesaw is going to do this damage almost every hit, whereas minigun is mostly going to be doing half the damage i stated due to distance from target.

1. That's in one second though, not per second. The Heavy does not unwind the Minigun after every second

2. Uh, if the Heavy is going to do half due to damage fall off, what's stopping that from happening to the Medic