Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Action, adventure strategy and RPG. I believe thats what you are asking.
Well. if you've got a decent rig and can work with people Planetside as well as Planetside 2 kinda fall under all of those categories.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Downloading Planetside 2 right now Meow brought it up.
Stay away from Connery and the Miller server. Miller has so many TR on it that they make up about 75% of the pop there and have starting infighting. And the Connery server is.... it's just bad.
Your best bet is probably to make a toon on Mattherson. That's where mine is and the factions are almost always balanced.

Other than that though, I'd say it's a pretty good game and might be right up your alley.

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Action, adventure strategy and RPG. I believe thats what you are asking.

Oblivion. Bestest of the three Elder Scrolls games on Steam.
My cousin recommends the Fallout series too.
Dishonored is /sort of/ a mix of all three. It's linear with several different options.
If you don't mind it being slightly buggy, the indie game Sir, you are being hunted has been released.

Not saying I didn't enjoy it, I did enjoy it for the short time that I played it, but it was far too short, easy, and generally repetitive after awhile. Morrowind wasn't like that.
Same thing for me. Skyrim seemed half-baked compared to the previous games in the series. I personally prefer Oblivion due to it being slightly newer than Morrowind.
Also @Deadfront you should probably get the Unofficial patches for any of TES games you might get; they fix a lot of bugs.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Fun Fact about Fallout: The Great War was caused by aliens.

Think about that next time you're muddling through the wastes.

Also you should probably go muddle through the wastes if you haven't.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Shooters:
Bioshock 1 (!)
Bioshock 2
Borderlands 2
DayZ (PvP military simulator + Zombie Survival = Fun times )
Fallout 3 (!)
Fallout: New Vegas (Mixed view on this, many people prefer 3 while some like NV more)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V

Metro 2033
Metro: Last Night
Payday 2 (!)
Spec Ops: The Line

Horror:
Amnesia: The Dark Ascent

Story:
The Walking Dead (!!)

Misc:
Bastion (!) (Amazing voice narration & soundtrack)
Castle Crashers
Fez
Limbo
Minecraft
Monaco
Prison Architect
Super Hexagon (Really trippy, reflex based game)
Super Meat Boy
Terraria (!) (Really fun when everyone on teamspeak joins a server.)

If you would like a detailed description of any of these games, let me know.
Games with a ! are highly recommended by me.

Games to play if you have not played them already:
Bioshock 1
The Walking Dead

Edit; Formatting && Alphabetization.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Shooters:
Spec Ops: The Line
Metro 2033
Metro: Last Night
Payday 2 (!)
Borderlands 2
DayZ (PvP military simulator + Zombie Survival = Fun times )
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
Fallout 3 (!)
Fallout: New Vegas (Mixed view on this, many people prefer 3 while some like NV more)

Horror:
Amnesia: The Dark Ascent

Story:
The Walking Dead (!!)
Bioshock 1 (!) (Also a shooter)
Bioshock 2

Misc:
Fez
Monaco
Castle Crashers
Bastion(!) (Amazing voice narration & soundtrack)
Limbo
Prison Architect
Super Hexagon (Really trippy, reflex based game)
Super Meat Boy
Terraria (!) (Really fun when everyone on teamspeak joins a server.)
Minecraft

If you would like a detailed description of any of these games, let me know.
Games with a ! are highly recommended by me.

Games to play if you have not played them already:
The Walking Dead
Bioshock 1

please remove the formatting on the text, it looks like this for me:
376437a509e76da8c7ae967f79485cc6.png

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
im surprised nobody said mass effect. 1 and 2 are on steam but 3 is not

DayZ is a Arma II Mod its not standalone.

I have downloaded the Arma games because they play Dayz....but Arma wont run by itself at all let alone Dayz. Dont know why. When I start up the game my screen goes black. I have re installed a couple times and looked online for fixes and the few I found didn't work.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Try some racing games. Recently burnout paradise was released on humble bundle, great game. If you didn't catch it you can probably get it dirt cheap on tf2outpost. Same goes for summer sale games too. NFS Hot pursuit is also fun if you want to try that out. Tactical shooty games? I'm hoping you've already played deus ex, if you haven't then you should. Human revolution is a good successor if a little bit casualised. Yes, the fallout series is great but be prepared for a jump in gameplay from 2 to 3. Gets less tactical and more shoot everything. The STALKER series is stellar for immersive shooting. Try SoC first. As far as multiplayer shooters go, killing floor and natural selection 2 are great games but the latter is having community problems from all the free weekends (far too many new players) There's always counter strike GO but I wouldn't touch it unless you can understand the shooting mechanics. Other games? System shock through bioshock 2 are also good. I'd advise you don't get infinite unless it's for the experience.There are some brilliant 2D platformers/strat games such as cave story, bastion and gunpoint to name a few. Get peggle though. Peggle.