Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Looking for some new games to try out. Every time I pick a game that I think will be ok I am disappointed or bored quickly with them.

So what games do you all like/want and why?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Hotline Miami is really good. Great music and gameplay, but the game is flashy and sways occasionally, so I don't know if you like that or not.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Looking for some new games to try out. Every time I pick a game that I think will be ok I am disappointed or bored quickly with them.

So what games do you all like/want and why?

Some information about the types of games you enjoy would probably help people make more accurate recommendations.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Action, adventure strategy and RPG. I believe thats what you are asking.

Fallout series, Skyrim if you haven't played those yet.

Action wise I really enjoyed Far Cry 3, and honestly I thought blood dragon was actually better than that.

Strategy, Shadowrun Returns was a pretty enjoyable, cheap game.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So you dont like Morrowind is what you are saying? :)
Quite the opposite, im saying I didn't like skyrim, but rather loved morrowind.

I paid 150 dollars for Skyrim. Was very dissapointed. At least I got a good 25 hours of entertainment, a parchment map and a statue of a dragon.

Meanwhile I have probably a thousand hours clocked into morrowind (I have a copy outside of steam, just bought it on steam because I was going to give it to a friend, but he bought it, so i just installed it.)

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But Morrowind is like, 1000x times better.

Previous point stands. A lot of people will not play an older game - the simplest way to get people to try older games is to get them to play newer games in the series.

I thought Skyrim was excellent, surprised you didn't enjoy it. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion though.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Mark of the Ninja is a fun stealth game with a lot of strategy mixed in it. You play as a Ninja who basically has to win back his clan's honor and shit like that. It's really fun, but I would recommend it with a controller. Shank, Borderlands (though I'm sure you've played that by now), and Dwarfs!? are also very fun games.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I thought Skyrim was excellent, surprised you didn't enjoy it. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion though.
Not saying I didn't enjoy it, I did enjoy it for the short time that I played it, but it was far too short, easy, and generally repetitive after awhile. Morrowind wasn't like that.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alright lets get off the hipster bandwagon now, and keep this thread about recommending this fellow some quality games.

So far most of the suggestions that have been given to you are pretty solid. I'll try to think up some more.