• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I think we need to all understand what a good VSH map is, and what makes one good. I'm going to do my little list of key points, but if you have any points that you think makes it good, please post them.

As we know military_area is a crap map. There, I've said it. But we all know that it's also probably the most overplayed map. Why is this? I think it's because it just meets the criteria of a good VSH map:

• Easy and simple layout which is fun for new users.
  • A lot of room for rocket jumping which is fun if you want to stomp or MG hale.
  • Very generous with health kits. (Most are full health kits and you will usually find one in each direction you look) This makes it fun since you can easily re-heal.
  • Gives red a slight advantage. (Not saying this is a good thing in most maps, but in VSH remember that hale could easily kill everyone if he's good enough or raged a lot) It's more fun knowing you have a slightly less chance of dying.
  • Hale is never far. You usually know exactly where he/she is. (Some people get bored on some maps when they are just waiting at their sentry nest for five minutes)
So, yes it's a crap map, but notice what this map has in common? Fun, Need I say more since this is a game, and that's what games are about.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
As we know military_area is a crap map.

I don't mean to sound rude here but you shouldn't lob your opinions around as fact. If it was a map that the majority of the server dislikes it wouldn't be one of the most played maps on VSH.

Same thing goes for other maps like toys and rats office, a small handful of people whine about it but the majority of the server is always voting for it because the majority enjoys it.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Multi platformed, little to no health packs, few secret rooms, practically limitless skybox, not Shititary_Depot or Area.

I think Arakawa was the perfect map.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I don't mean to sound rude here but you shouldn't lob your opinions around as fact. If it was a map that the majority of the server dislikes it wouldn't be one of the most played maps on VSH.

Same thing goes for other maps like toys and rats office, a small handful of people whine about it but the majority of the server is always voting for it because the majority enjoys it.

I mean, it's a good map in the sense that it's fun, when I said crap though I meant it was crap because of lack of detail/structure.