AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
Well 1, I need to buy a new mic, and I have about $24. I am also curious because there aren't any "what's your mic" thread (I dont think)

But seriously, I need a new mic. terrible condition, I use a Logitech
It broke within a week, used tape on it. 1 year later, decided to buy a new mic .-.
$(KGrHqJ,!g4E8jZzjnuDBP,4FWOCW!~~60_12.JPG

Essentially there is tape all over it now.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Samson C01U. Crystal quality and reliable as hell. I originally bought it because it was cheaper than a bridge pickup.

2nLbQ.jpg

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
MXL 990 Condenser Mic. Maybe not the quality I was expecting from it but it looks dope.
MJoAfzV.jpg

Gary Mofo Oak

Positively Inhumane Poster
steelseries-guild-wars-2-headset_angle-image-1.jpg

was using the mic on this headset for quite some time but I recently got a Snowball mic for my birthday and Should probably bring myself to try it out more. :)

gallery5lg.jpg

Reactions: ViperStriker

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Turtlebeach x12 headset, the mic is ok, you've heard it before Afire, so you know the quality, as do most of the TS regs.

I also find it to be really clear and audible when I make a video, which is good because I want to get into commentaries again, maybe actually uploading to youtube again.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I use the Logitech G930. Great headset, great mic.

IDK if it's TS that lowers your mic quality, but it does seem to have a little bit of the "blockiness" as I like to call it. It might be that you have you're bandwidth settings or whatnot set awkardly to lower your mic quality.

IMO, it could sound better :l

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
IDK if it's TS that lowers your mic quality, but it does seem to have a little bit of the "blockiness" as I like to call it. It might be that you have you're bandwidth settings or whatnot set awkardly to lower your mic quality.

IMO, it could sound better :l

I'm sure it's TS's quality. I've heard it back from Mumble, Skype, Steam Calls, and in-games, and it sounds better. That, and the Skial TS doesn't have too high of bandwidths.

Fishy_Hippos III

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I like my Turtle Beach X12's (partially because they work with Xbox as well), but it's $60, which seems a little bit far away from $24...

idaeanat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Corsair 1500 built in mic. Decent.

The best mic I've heard on a headset is the creative tactic3d sigma, though the extremely thin wire on mine broke in less than a month :(