NC318

Unremarkable User
I don't get it.

Sometimes on these servers, I'll bring talking points and conversations by means of voice chat when alltalk is enabled, right? Just having social interactions in a good manner, and everybody has a good time. I'm never speaking out of ill will to anybody, never trying to be a nuisance, but that's where this problem arises.

In recent days, more and more people are taking it upon themselves to harass me, both in voice and text chat, all because of my social interaction. And here's the real kicker: this still happens despite the availability of the !ignore command, which I and others have encouraged people to use.

I just don't understand why so many people are getting so hostile over so little. All I'm doing is conversing with people on both teams, having a good time with everyone involved. I'm just disgusted with so many users, with parts of this community. I've been playing this game for seven and a half years. I've never broken the mic-spamming rules, I don't use a soundboard, I've never acted toxic. And I'm treated like that.

So... My apologies to those who may be annoyed by my presence, but this happens so frequently that I feel anxious just having my microphone hooked up. And I've been hesitant to open the damn game some days because of the actual tears that are shed from as much as thinking about all this.

Full disclosure, I can fully understand and forgive people who are looking for a more serious gaming environment. But the constant barrage of inflammatory remarks and harassment I REGULARLY receive is genuinely upsetting. And before you ask, no I'm not pointing fingers. Not because I want to avoid singling anyone out, but because the number of players treating me like this has risen so high that it's borderline impossible to keep track.

Is being sociable not permitted on these servers? Good Lord.

• Dumb
Reactions: Mr Invincible

NC318

Unremarkable User
Alright, I do admit I had done that, but it was very brief. Besides that instance though, which wasn't even malicious, I don't think I have ever done so beforehand, maliciously or otherwise.

I'm not even looking for perspective or correction here. I just want to know why some people are seemingly so against somewhat extended social interaction. I've been treated so poorly for so long, and I can't fathom why.

• Haha

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm not even looking for perspective on this, I just want to know why some people are seemingly so against somewhat extended social interaction. I've been treated so poorly for so long, and I can't fathom why.

Probably because literally all you do is talk about rape, hating black people, making fun of mental illnesses and gay people too.

Do you honestly expect to be toxic like that non-stop and hope nobody treats you negatively? lol

NC318

Unremarkable User
Probably because literally all you do is talk about rape, hating black people, making fun of mental illnesses and gay people too.

Do you honestly expect to be toxic like that non-stop and hope nobody treats you negatively? lol
I know, yes, and the mockeries I make on those topics stop now. But I'm uncertain if you've understood the question which I'm trying to ask.

Even when I'm having a regular conversation, normal social interaction, there's a high likelihood that people are going to act ridiculously inflammatory. My guess would be that some people are there to play games, and are too lazy to turn off VC, or they're just there to start shit.

Once again, I'm not looking to be corrected or called out here, nor do I want to have blame placed on myself or anyone else. I just want to know why some people have to be so toxic over conversing.

NC318

Unremarkable User
Since you have the privilege to use VC, other players also share that same privilege. It is still the internet; nobody is obligated to be friendly.
I mean, you're not wrong. I just think it's sad that some people feel the desire to take time out of their day to be scummy to other people for seemingly no reason whatsoever; I say that because nearly half the people who've acted like that to me had never even seen me on any of the servers before. I probably should have mentioned that.

• Sad

Wek Rorst

Uncharitable Spy
I just think it's sad that some people feel the desire to take time out of their day to be scummy to other people for seemingly no reason whatsoever
I think you just answered your own initial question. There is no reason for it; it just is. The rare times that I do use VC on Skial, I have never had issues. That being said, if nobody wants to converse, then don't force it.

NC318

Unremarkable User
I think you just answered your own initial question. There is no reason for it; it just is. The rare times that I do use VC on Skial, I have never had issues. That being said, if nobody wants to converse, then don't force it.
Well said. I appreciate both your input and Sem's input. I guess it's one of the perils of being a social butterfly, lol.

• Sad

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
TL;DR:
He built himself up a bad reputation and now he regrets it and plays the victim card. Welcome to 2024.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I heavily recommend you stop mic spamming and follow the rules. This thread may be referenced should you be caught breaking the rules and file an appeal

Reactions: NC318

Toxik

Contributor
Me: man, this guy makes a good point. The TF2 community is pretty damn toxic to each other, too many edgy fuckers acting edgy because their daily lives are so miserable they have the need to troll others to try and bring other people's day to the level of shitty they experience themselves. People should be more chill and just have a good time playing the game and talking to each other if they choose to without always attacking everyone.

Also me: yeah this dude's literally part of the problem and is looking for a pity party because no one likes his shit personality. Stupid fucking thread by a stupid fucking guy.