Reporter

Administrator
We seriously need more community servers that run the vanilla game

*TL;DR at the bottom

With the recent rapid increase in bot activity, Casual is once again unplayable and we'll have to turn to community servers. However, as we all know, the only community servers that we can turn to are Uncletopia and Skial.

While both of these servers allow us to play the game when Casual isn't an option, they are both not the vanilla game. Uncletopia is diet competitive in a 12v12 format, and Skial just copycats Uncletopia servers while also ping masking and filling empty servers with their own bots.

I really hate how these two servers are the only "normal" community servers that actually get players regularly. There are some community servers that run the vanilla game like Furrypound and Zesty Jesus servers, but they get almost no players and are only active at certain times and days of the week. It's really sad to see that community servers with plugins and certain aspects of the vanilla game disabled, or the random wacky silly servers and achievement servers, are the ones that get players while the servers that just run the base game are almost always found empty.

Casual is the only real way to play the regular base game, but what are we supposed to do when Casual becomes unplayable because of bots and the only community servers that run the regular game are always empty? It really baffles me how people are either so complacent with the bots (and cheaters) that they play Casual regardless, or they would rather play diet competitive or wacky silly servers over the actual game.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that Uncletopia and Skial exists, and I am glad we have more ways to play the game, but they are not the vanilla game. We seriously need more people to step up and create servers that just host the base game without any custom scripts or plugins, and dont disable game features. We need more servers that just run stock maps and have random crits and bullet spread enabled. We need community servers that run like Valve Quickplay servers used to run, with games that go back and forth until the map changes, the ability to votescramble and votenextmap and things like that. We need way more servers like these, and have needed these types of servers for years at this point, and I dont understand why we only have a tiny amount of these types of servers.

TL;DR We need a significant resurgence of community servers that run the base game with no plugins, scripts, or mods, and run like old Valve Quickplay servers used to run.

Author: carbonfiber253

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/17w77ew/we_seriously_need_more_community_servers_that_run/