Bottiger

Administrator
We might not be running CS:GO servers. Valve has decided to go the COD route and only have ranking on their own servers which means ones that we host will be second class servers.

http://counterstrikego.com/wiki/index/

Matchmaking system for teams and individuals (with Elo rating system)
Focus on competitive 5v5 play and eSports
Ranked servers run by Valve (Competitive mode only)
Dedicated servers run by players (Casual mode only)

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So I heard Valve thinks people have a huge boner for them.
A lot of people are still pissed at the MvM crashes, this really isn't a good move, especially right now.

Bottiger

Administrator
So I heard Valve thinks people have a huge boner for them.
A lot of people are still pissed at the MvM crashes, this really isn't a good move, especially right now.

I believe they planned that for a long time already. And also a month from now no one will remember the MvM crashes. Who here remembers the katana, fall damage, or bonk sandman crash? Oh and also the mass crash bug in December/January.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so Asia and Austrailia will be fucked since valve doesnt host any servers there

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Maybe people will get tired of valve's vanilla experience. As long as we can offer up something different we could still be competitive. Plus based on their TF2 servers, they don't exactly provide the smoothest gaming experience.

Reactions: Doctor Who

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Maybe people will get tired of valve's vanilla experience. As long as we can offer up something different we could still be competitive. Plus based on their TF2 servers, they don't exactly provide the smoothest gaming experience.
Totally. Maybe a universal server that votes to change game modes.

Bottiger

Administrator
How are we supposed to offer something different? People who play CS don't want it extremely modded.

I don't have the time to make a new game mode like Gungame, and if we were going to do something like Deathrun or Surf, we could have more than 30 players in TF2.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Concur with Bott, if there is no rankings allowed for non-valve servers, there really isn't much of a point in hosting one. Hopefully Valve will prove that they are this "consumer company" everyone thinks they are and reverse this stupid decision. One of the main reasons I've always enjoyed Valve games was the ability to participate in server communities, they take this away from us if we have to use quickplay to find a full game.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How are we supposed to offer something different? People who play CS don't want it extremely modded.

I don't have the time to make a new game mode like Gungame, and if we were going to do something like Deathrun or Surf, we could have more than 30 players in TF2.
Maybe someone else will make it. You don't have to be vastly different, even small things can make a large difference. I'm not familiar enough with CS to know what's out there for it.