GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've been having troubles with my download speed as it seems to have decreased substantially. Anyone got ideas to increase it if there even are ways to?

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Go to speedtest.net and tell us your speed. Also, go into Device Manager then open your network adapter and see if there's anything in the options in each tab. Mine has Multimedia/Gaming mode in the Advanced tab, surprisingly.

Also, you're router might be on B or G or whatever the fuck it is. If you have a fast internet speed then that can hamper it. Also, you might be far away from the router so the signal is degraded.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Also i was told that for example, we are on fibre op, and if the digital boxes are plugged into the modem, like they always are, even if they are turned off, they are pulling bandwidth.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Check your bill for the Internet and call your ISP - most likely your promotional plan expired and you were downgraded.

PS. SpeedTest is a joke.

WuVyDoVeY

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
And how come your screenshot proves otherwise? Dude, seriously, contribute to the thread or stay away being happy for your bandwidth at work.
It doesn't prove otherwise? IT shows how retarded speedtest.net is being over 100 mbps.
LOL its not my BW @ work btw. I def did not pay for over 10 mbit.

I did 1 speedtest showing less then 100 mbps then another consecutively after and it showed that

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Lets all drop the E-Peens and quit acting like menstruating 15 year old cheerleaders.

Wireless is always a direct downgrade from Wired. I have no way to take my Desktop and hook it straight to my Router. That, and my Router and Modem combo are old as fuck. You can do what Who said and config some options. I tried having Steak forward some ports for Steam for me, sadly it didn't work.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Set yourself up as a DMZ if you're dead-set on ports being the problem.
That's the stupidest thing most people could ever do. To test, maybe, long term hell no. He didn't mention he was talking about torrenting though, did he? If that's the case port problems would be more likely to cause problems with upload speed than download.