Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
seems like the people who +repped the imposter's steam profile are all in one group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/grupodocaralho
So, it's pretty obvious that everybody in this Steam Group is aiding each other in committing scams via reputation fraud.

Unless anybody has any objections, I'm adding everybody from that group to the scammer list. Even though some of them, I don't have evidence that they've committed an actual scam against another user, they're commenting on each other's profiles with fake rep, which I think is fair grounds to have them added.

I don't want to pull a Del Piero here and add somebody who shouldn't belong, so does anybody have any objections to this?

I should mention, some of those are actually alts of other accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're ALL alts of one guy's account.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So, it's pretty obvious that everybody in this Steam Group is aiding each other in committing scams via reputation fraud.

Unless anybody has any objections, I'm adding everybody from that group to the scammer list. Even though some of them, I don't have evidence that they've committed an actual scam against another user, they're commenting on each other's profiles with fake rep, which I think is fair grounds to have them added.

I don't want to pull a Del Piero here and add somebody who shouldn't belong, so does anybody have any objections to this?

I should mention, some of those are actually alts of other accounts. I wouldn't be surprised if they're ALL alts of one guy's account.
A scammer, who received rep which has a 95% chance of being fake, having legit people give him legit +rep on his profile?

If we ban someone for DDoSing around a certain time from when they got kicked, this is more than enough circumstantial for me to act on, personally. I'll check with the Cool Admin Club first, though.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Adding people without proof to the scammer list is not how we do it I heard from some guy. Only add people where you have proof that they scammed.
Some could just be in the group without scamming actually. The chance is low that this is a true statement but it's a possibility

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

it would be better to just add the ones you dont know about into a WARNING category

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Adding people without proof to the scammer list is not how we do it I heard from some guy. Only add people where you have proof that they scammed.
Some could just be in the group without scamming actually. The chance is low that this is a true statement but it's a possibility
they are assisting in the crime. If you help rob a bank your probably not going to get let off and the main person in trouble.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Even though you're being a dick, I do agree.

A few of these I can definitely conclude are scammers. Some of them have reported alts on SteamRep, and others (like the fake Cinic) are obvious impostors.

A few of them, I'm not sure on, however. I think I'll save those unless some actual evidence comes up, because it's possible (but like you said, unlikely) that they're not involved in scamming.

it would be better to just add the ones you dont know about into a WARNING category
I thought about that, but the problem with a warning/watchlist category is that you run the risk of damaging the reputation of somebody who may actually be innocent, by grouping their name in with a bunch of known scammers.

It's a gray area for me.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
I think it was Roman who said in the conversation I had with him Zebra and Xel that we shouldn't add people to a warning list if we have no proof of a scam since I added a guy and Xel made a big fuss about it

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can pitch idiots for admin impersonation/scamming if need be. I am inclined to add them to the ban, though. All part of the same group, all giving +rep to scammers, etc. Far far FAR too coincidental.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think it was Roman who said in the conversation I had with him Zebra and Xel that we shouldn't add people to a warning list if we have no proof of a scam since I added a guy and Xel made a big fuss about it
They're all a part of the same group and are all liars giving one another blatantly false rep, and most of them are reported on Steam Rep already, as Xel stated. Someone disagreeing with a trade of yours isn't grounds for a warning, but being part of a group for a scammer ring is.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
They're all a part of the same group and are all liars giving one another blatantly false rep, and most of them are reported on Steam Rep already, as Xel stated. Someone disagreeing with a trade of yours isn't grounds for a warning, but being part of a group for a scammer ring is.
The guy I added never disagreed with one of my trades. Don't confuse things. I suspected him of scamming the same way I and we all suspect this group of scamming. But where is the proof? All they did was adding each other rep. So if I make a group with you and some other people and we all leave us rep and a few of us go scam with it then the others in the group are not automatically scammers

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The guy I added never disagreed with one of my trades. Don't confuse things. I suspected him of scamming the same way I and we all suspect this group of scamming. But where is the proof? All they did was adding each other rep. So if I make a group with you and some other people and we all leave us rep and a few of us go scam with it then the others in the group are not automatically scammers
Should we go through their BP history, see if they ever even had possession of an unusual or buds? (Is that possible..?)

I have no idea why you aren't bothered by someone giving +rep to a scammer who is impersonating you, by the way.

(cYs) Del Piero

Contributor
Should we go through their BP history, see if they ever even had possession of an unusual or buds? (Is that possible..?)
It's not my job to go through a BP history but yes it's possible on tf2items.com but only if their bp's are not private

LuLz. atbatmatt10

Sufficiently Lethal Scout

they are all already marked on steam, and like 2 or three of them are alternate accounts of the impersonater i orignally posted a warning about. I'd say them being marked on steamrep is proof enough.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Also, I went ahead and added all the ones I can tell are definitely scamming. The ones who are already tagged on SteamRep, their alt accounts, and the ones who I've seen impersonations of in their name history.

I think that only leaves one or two left from that Steam group who I can't 100% conclude are scammers, but I think we all know what's going on with them.

I won't add them unless those accounts do something worth noting.