• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Emilmacko

Mildly Menacing Medic
Hey, I made a map.

This map takes place inside a snow globe, in a little Christmas village. The map itself (seen from above) might not be the biggest map ever, but I wanted to make something a bit vertical (although not as vertical as vsh_crevice) while still keeping a decent area shape that fits inside a snow globe, without the map becoming too flat. (aka, if I had doubled the horizontal area size of the map, it wouldn't look as tall in a snow globe).

I've worked with hammer for a few years now, and I know how to optimize a map, so I did it as much as I could. Visleaves, Prop-fade-outs, and a single cubemap so all the reflective things won't go to the error texture.

And yes, there is a glass dome over the entire map, and you can rocket-wall-jump off of it and such.

Also, aside from the BSP file, I took the liberty of making a Bz2 file as well, which should work according to a tutorial I read somewhere. I figured it wasn't necessary, but if it works then you might as well use the Bz2 instead of the BSP. Though the files aren't that big, as the BSP is around 5mb, and the Bz2 is around 2.5mb.

Download from GameBanana: http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/188127

And here are a few pix for your clix:

srrfwdv.jpg

There is a "mountain" of snow in the center where the control point resides on.

bEpyhAC.jpg

Here is the bridge leading from the spawn-house to the middle-section of the mountain, where the control point is, and above that is more mountain sitting on wooden beams.

XGYGzAQ.jpg

Some of the inside of the spawn-house.

zwN52ec.jpg

Guess who spawns here

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I might test this it sounds like a sweet little map.

Just interested, how long did you spend on this? It looks quite nice from the pictures.

Reactions: JohnnyGaloshes

Emilmacko

Mildly Menacing Medic
I might test this it sounds like a sweet little map.

Just interested, how long did you spend on this? It looks quite nice from the pictures.
I've had the idea for about a month now, I've been working on and off the past 2 weeks. I wasn't sure how to do the terrain so I just put 4 displacements down and added height to them, cus I was lazy

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I looked at it today, it's a very nice map, though it looks small at first glance when you play it, it's a fair sized map with different levels and buildings to hide in. Bigger than military_area but still keeps to "rats style" size.

I'd say this map would be a fair try out for the next month or two, especially with Christmas coming up.7

I can see it working fairly well.