Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
Hi all,

I'm writing this as I feel that the rage gain on superjump is insanely high. Especially for vagineer whose uber duration from rage is 15 seconds. This means that Vagineer can stay almost always invulnerable which, for me, question why should I try playing against a vagineer whose holding down the E button all the time...

So can either the Super Jump Rage Gain be reworked or at least can vagineers uber duration get nerfed. Its practically unplayable.

Reactions: Zeke Aileron

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
+1 for the Super Jump Rage Gain reworked, if not at least removed entirely.

tIldfkh.png

Heck Even Bottiger didn't want to apply it to Super Jump (4% SJC mechanic), and i'm pretty sure most of us will side with him on this one.

big

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1
I would like to see it be reverted back to what it was, just remove the SJV.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Hi all,

I'm writing this as I feel that the rage gain on superjump is insanely high. Especially for vagineer whose uber duration from rage is 15 seconds. This means that Vagineer can stay almost always invulnerable which, for me, question why should I try playing against a vagineer whose holding down the E button all the time...

So can either the Super Jump Rage Gain be reworked or at least can vagineers uber duration get nerfed. Its practically unplayable.

You made a suggestion post without a clear suggestion.

What exactly do you propose? Why? How? Etc.
This post talks a lot about Vagineer. He's currently the weakest performing Hale, a straight nerf to him likely won't take.

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
You made a suggestion post without a clear suggestion.

What exactly do you propose? Why? How? Etc.
This post talks a lot about Vagineer. He's currently the weakest performing Hale, a straight nerf to him likely won't take.

To be fair, it's more for the Super Jump 4% Current mechanic that's giving that insane amount of rage %, and the fact that Vagineer can just super jump 2 times within his own currently running uber rage to have rage already ready.

This mechanic works well for Gentlespy and CBS since they require a use for their rage weapon kit, but for Easter Bunny and Vagineer, it's absolutely cracked and it's insane cause uber is already a busted mechanic on it's own, and Easter Bunny is pretty self explanatory...

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
From playing Vagineer this is what I observed:
While under uber: Super jump gives 25% rage.
Without uber: 50% rage (2 Superjumps and I can rage)

Ill create an unlisted video of me playing Vagineer to show this.

mub

Contributor
From playing Vagineer this is what I observed:
While under uber: Super jump gives 25% rage.
Without uber: 50% rage (2 Superjumps and I can rage)

Ill create an unlisted video of me playing Vagineer to show this.

Rage is currently gained from the damage from jumping equally as it would be from players damaging him.

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
The difficulty is that the uber duration stacked with the quick rage buildup leads to a hale that can remain invulnerable for long periods of time. A reduction on Vagineers Uber duration would fix this.

Opb

Contributor
Mapper
This is a recording of me playing Vagineer, I did not hold down the rage button consistently but it does show how fast I can rage again right after raging.

mub

Contributor
I requested that SJC add rage from its damage.

This change combined with other factors, the recent buff to Vagineer’s Uber length (10 -> 15 seconds) combined with the fact that he is able to gain rage while ubered has all stacked with this change to result in a rather large buff to Vagineer.

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
i should rephrase, i meant to ask why the fuck did you add something so inhumane

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This is a recording of me playing Vagineer, I did not hold down the rage button consistently but it does show how fast I can rage again right after raging.
I don't even play VSH and even I can see how fucking unfair this is omfg

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yea I just played for a while and the Vagineer seems a little broken.

+1.