Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
All ammo packs on every map are converted to small ammo packs.

This simply doesn't work well with 32 players.

There were previously ammo packs added to spawn points, but this was a horrible "solution". (Too dense, too out of the way, not on every map, not needed for every map, etc.)

Allowing ammo packs to be their default size would solve ammo problems on a number of maps, and at least of the ones in rotation, none of them would have "too much" ammo.

MANBEAROW | OW OW OW

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1 Would be a nice quality of life change for Engineers, especially as small packs effectively leave them incredibly spawn-gated when even level 3 buildings can be demolished in almost no time by Hale. The amount of time needed to have a sentry up to even level 2 only to see Hale wreck it in a second is frustrating.

Whurr

Uncharitable Spy
+1, i want metal and the heavies and scouts keep hogging all the ammo packs even when i have a dispenser up for the whole team to use.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+0

This would be nice but would require alot of map updating.
I've seen maps use large ammo packs everywhere during the first warmup round of the map

Fellhammer Slayer

Truly Feared Pyro
I think it's a nice idea but it could cause some maps to be unbalanced. If you've played ff2 (which doesn't do this conversion) some of the maps are filled with full ammo packs.

Stopwatch

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1

I consider this "part 2" to the thread suggesting the removal of the "ammo/health at spawn plugin". We should ensure that maps are purposefully designed and balanced to provide enough health and ammo for players, rather than rely on a bunch of plugins to "fix" any potential issues.

Going forward, if any maps have an issue with a severe lack/excess of resouces, they can always be given simple, easy updates to address the problem.