MrLupin

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
What do you mean too much knockback? Hale rarely knocks back at all.

Whurr

Uncharitable Spy
crybabies who couldn't handle the 85% non-scaling knockback resist not making them immune to all forms of knockback kept whining that they were getting knocked around and couldn't W+M1 like a braindead pyro (the exact strategy that also gets you killed as pyro if you try doing it against anyone that knows you're there) so now we have 85% damage knockback with an additional, scaling knockback resistance that makes you outright IMMUNE to 99% of the forms of knockback in the game when it reaches 100% outside of a spy backstabbing you when you're in the air or a 6+ sticky stickytrap from a demo. increasing KB res is going to do nothing but promote even more brainless W+M1 hale strategies that already go unpunished. if you seriously expect 1 VSH server to turn into literal baby more for people who can't stand having to use their brain when playing as hale i highly suggest finding a different VSH server.

if you're talking about FaN knockback, scout has to risk getting close to the hale for the Force-a-Nature's knockback to even do anything. removing FaN's knockback would just turn it into a far worse soda-popper.

• Love
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
crybabies who couldn't handle the 85% non-scaling knockback resist not making them immune to all forms of knockback kept whining that they were getting knocked around and couldn't W+M1 like a braindead pyro (the exact strategy that also gets you killed as pyro if you try doing it against anyone that knows you're there) so now we have 85% damage knockback with an additional, scaling knockback resistance that makes you outright IMMUNE to 99% of the forms of knockback in the game when it reaches 100% outside of a spy backstabbing you when you're in the air or a 6+ sticky stickytrap from a demo. increasing KB res is going to do nothing but promote even more brainless W+M1 hale strategies that already go unpunished. if you seriously expect 1 VSH server to turn into literal baby more for people who can't stand having to use their brain when playing as hale i highly suggest finding a different VSH server.

if you're talking about FaN knockback, scout has to risk getting close to the hale for the Force-a-Nature's knockback to even do anything. removing FaN's knockback would just turn it into a far worse soda-popper.
There's also the Ambassador headshot's knockback which just ruins any momentum and superjumps when used by an experienced player, this is why Sniper Rifles got their knockback removed.

The Force a Nature, Stickies, Backstabs and stuff are all fair, but the Amby should have its knockback removed.

Bottiger

Administrator
I just checked and ambassador only has these 2 attributes.

868 Pictogram minus.png crit_dmg_falloffCritical damage is affected by range
390 Pictogram plus.png headshot damage increaseHeadshots deal an extra +%s1% damage

• Wow
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I noticed that in the weapon stats, I'm surprised it deals so much knockback on a headshot.

Do snipers still do knockback on headshots? If not... try putting whatever does that on the Ambassador?

(Amby could use a headshot dmg nerf tho, it's the combined power of a sniper and invisibility being an infinite razorback being very annoying to deal with)