Umity

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Sure, camping as hale is fine, but when hale does it for the entire round, it is a problem imo. It's been happening more and more recently but it's honestly becoming pretty annoying. Almost as annoying as hale's being friendly. It stalls rounds that usually would take maybe 5 minutes, into 10 minute boring rounds of trying to play hide and seek with hale.

Reactions: Zeek.

Zeek.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1, players start to leave or lose interest in the game fairly often, sometimes friendlying into next rounds until the server decays.

Zeek.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Pyros don't have access to every route tho, like the back caves on both our crevice maps, or enough airblast to take Hales out of the back tunnel on weapons depot, etc.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Pyros don't have access to every route tho, like the back caves on both our crevice maps, or enough airblast to take Hales out of the back tunnel on weapons depot, etc.
Still not much of an issue, just get a Medic to uber somebody, if they don't come out then just repeat the process and Hale is fucked.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's not a cut and dry thing for the admins

How long would they have to be camping for us to do something about it? What if a good portion of the enemy team keeps throwing themselves where hale is encouraging him to stay in a particular area, is that still camping or not? I've been called a camper for staying in a enclosed space while half the team is in said space giving me reason to be there, is that considered camping?

Umity

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Still not much of an issue, just get a Medic to uber somebody, if they don't come out then just repeat the process and Hale is fucked.

Airblast can only do so much. It is really only effective against inexperienced hales.

Airblast feeds hale rage and often hale just rages the pyro and medic once the uber ends. Then he just goes back to hiding. With experienced hales (ex. hales that actually know how to super jump), it's even worse because they just keep running away and hiding.

A good example where camping always occurs is on vsh_rats_office. The teleporter in hale's spawn leads to the room above it, is a typical place where hale just hides in a corner. While airblasting does get him out of there, he can just go back down and go through the teleporter. Rinse and repeat.

Also, pyro is possibly one of the most hated classes in Saxton Hale (cause of airblast). Hales will always single rage a pyro. I swear it's in their genes. It kind of sways people away from the pyro class because of the almost guaranteed single rage and nobody likes to get single raged right?

That's not a cut and dry thing for the admins

How long would they have to be camping for us to do something about it? What if a good portion of the enemy team keeps throwing themselves where hale is encouraging him to stay in a particular area, is that still camping or not? I've been called a camper for staying in a enclosed space while half the team is in said space giving me reason to be there, is that considered camping?

I feel like it would be obvious when hale is actually camping. To answer your first question, I'll answer the second one. If a portion of the enemy team throws themselves at hale and hale kills them, that's fine. But it's that moment when hale decides to stay there for multiple minutes and it's obvious he won't come out anytime soon is when I'd consider it camping.

For the third question, if the team is in the said space and you're trying to kill them, that wouldn't be camping. But if the team isn't in that space and after a few minutes they don't show up and you refuse to move from that spot, I'd consider that camping.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Any map with teleporters is stupid.

And I do not think we should do anything about camping and leave it as it is. Don't think we should be forcing people to play a certain way and if they are commited enough to camping then let them lose the round anyway. And ubering a pyro is not the only class viable for uber. You get a heavy ubered the hale can either sit there and take the absolute mountain of damage the heavy will deal or run away and thus is no longer camping.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Airblast can only do so much. It is really only effective against inexperienced hales.

Airblast feeds hale rage and often hale just rages the pyro and medic once the uber ends. Then he just goes back to hiding. With experienced hales (ex. hales that actually know how to super jump), it's even worse because they just keep running away and hiding.

A good example where camping always occurs is on vsh_rats_office. The teleporter in hale's spawn leads to the room above it, is a typical place where hale just hides in a corner. While airblasting does get him out of there, he can just go back down and go through the teleporter. Rinse and repeat.

Also, pyro is possibly one of the most hated classes in Saxton Hale (cause of airblast). Hales will always single rage a pyro. I swear it's in their genes. It kind of sways people away from the pyro class because of the almost guaranteed single rage and nobody likes to get single raged right?

I feel like it would be obvious when hale is actually camping. To answer your first question, I'll answer the second one. If a portion of the enemy team throws themselves at hale and hale kills them, that's fine. But it's that moment when hale decides to stay there for multiple minutes and it's obvious he won't come out anytime soon is when I'd consider it camping.

For the third question, if the team is in the said space and you're trying to kill them, that wouldn't be camping. But if the team isn't in that space and after a few minutes they don't show up and you refuse to move from that spot, I'd consider that camping.
What I said doesn't only apply to Pyro.