• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

yuval4

Unremarkable User
changes are so bad it feels like its intentional, most of us just want a normal vsh experience.
"saxton chaos" was the final straw for me. i dont get the point of this gamemode anymore.
storms, revives, i feel like i play fortnite again
it feels like a 12 year old made this to make the game easier for him instead of getting good

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm very sorry to hear about your VSH experience. I would like to hear more.
Do you think you could possibly make a 5:00min video essay explaining the changes you do not like?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Blessed.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Honestly if they either reversed it back to how it was but kept the revives along with the updates to hale it'd be fine. Or instead of immediately losing at 0% but rather just making it so people stopped reviving, it'd be so much better.

• Dumb

Bottiger

Administrator
It looks like you don't play very often so you haven't realized that most people don't like the basic VSH and servers worldwide have gone from 20+ filled per day down to just 2-3. It's only now that they've gotten filled again due to publicity about vsh going official.

We will try and leave an arena based version for those that prefer that (the US servers is still on arena mode). But all signs indicate that the majority of players don't like how the original game mode was designed.

yuval4

Unremarkable User
It looks like you don't play very often so you haven't realized that most people don't like the basic VSH and servers worldwide have gone from 20+ filled per day down to just 2-3. It's only now that they've gotten filled again due to publicity about vsh going official.

We will try and leave an arena based version for those that prefer that (the US servers is still on arena mode). But all signs indicate that the majority of players don't like how the original game mode was designed.
The server has more players now because of two reasons
1. Its new
2. Its summer
The real question is , will it be filled a month or two from now?
Ive spoken to players i play vsh with for many years and none of them liked the changes. Im just saying, opening a new server for saxton chaos will be better then taking the only skial vsh eu server and making it saxton chaos.
I do play vsh very often and i play vsh for many years and there will always be a player base that will keep this server alive.

yuval4

Unremarkable User
I'm very sorry to hear about your VSH experience. I would like to hear more.
Do you think you could possibly make a 5:00min video essay explaining the changes you do not like?
Brother you can be sarcastic but ill tell you one thing
If i was the only one who disliked the new changes i would’ve stay quiet

• Dumb

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Its new
2. Its summer
Ive spoken to players i play vsh with for many years and none of them liked the changes. Im just saying, opening a new server for saxton chaos will be better then taking the only skial vsh eu server and making it saxton chaos.
I do play vsh very often and i play vsh for many years and there will always be a player base that will keep this server alive.

Genuinely, thanks for the rational responses and detail.

Bottiger

Administrator
1. Its new
2. Its summer
It has been summer vacation for 1.5 months now and the servers were dying before this update. It is obvious to me that things can't stay the same.

We have been talking to people too and there are people that love the changes. It is impossible to please everyone but the fact that vsh shrank to 2 servers globally (not just our servers) should tell you that the majority of players don't like the original game mode.

Susie

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
This "new" version should be votable like every 2 or 3 or even 4 maps cuz literally u can just stay in a corridor and just pressing LMB and have an ez win, like... what's the point?

• Wow

Blessed.

Mildly Menacing Medic
It has been summer vacation for 1.5 months now and the servers were dying before this update. It is obvious to me that things can't stay the same.

We have been talking to people too and there are people that love the changes. It is impossible to please everyone but the fact that vsh shrank to 2 servers globally (not just our servers) should tell you that the majority of players don't like the original game mode.
It's clear it needs to change and most people like the new update, however, I was playing when they first switched it to this version and no one likes how everyone loses when the percentage goes to 0. As some people like crappy spy mains just run in and immediately die, it would make more sense to instead of the whole team losing, so just stop letting people respawn.

• Wow

fibsh

Scarcely Lethal Noob

I've been checking just 'bout every day, and have been a long standing member of the VSH community. I started playing Skial LA VSH year before the server shut down or so.

Your servers were thriving and doing just about as good as they had done. Same people, the regulars, you name it; but ever since the server has came out with this new "Saxton Chaos" game mode, it has turned into a dead, empty, and foreign place. It isn't the update of the game with the official VScript version that killed it; it's the fact you removed what had been working for years and years, and you go to blame it on the update Valve released. I don't care if you all keep the VScript Saxton Hale, but bringing back the game mode before it turned into Saxton Chaos I feel would bring people back.

New ideas and concepts does NOT always mean good.

It's sad that the most successful VSH servers I've seen and have enjoyed playing on is being killed because of ignorance. What "people" have you been talking to about the changes? Are they regulars? Do they play VSH often? How biased are they.

I feel like just admitting that YOU fucked up and seeing how it is once it's reverted will be a lot better than just keeping the game mode up until you realize months later that it's getting no traction; ignorance and giving up is gonna make the situation worse. There's a lot of decisions I haven't necessarily liked (such as adding Cinema into the map cycle), but this is a whole new low.

Your server of loyal VSH fans is dying, please fucking fix it.

Bottiger

Administrator
Puppet you're not even playing the gamemode

The stats don't lie.

https://stats.skial.com/#server/30

population.png

It's just funny when "regs" make blatantly false statements that can be proven by cold hard facts and act like I can't possibly call their bluff just because they've never seen me on the server. Hint: when I'm on the server I'm never going to be named Bottiger. You will never know when I'm on the server.

Official VSH killed the server, along with regs that don't understand that the vast majority of players don't like what our game mode had become. Years of weapon buffs for red added by regs killed the game mode.

Don't try and invent facts to fit your narrative.

Last edited:

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Its a huge shame that our VSH servers are so empty now. But not many of the regs at all even bothered to make any kind of suggestion and they just complained and left. Of course some did help out and a big thank you to those who went out of there way to join the rework conversation!

Oh well not like any of this matters anymore since official vsh has killed the servers, and not just ours almost every community vsh server is much less active. Sad to see this gamemode go but oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Its a huge shame that our VSH servers are so empty now. But not many of the regs at all even bothered to make any kind of suggestion and they just complained and left. Of course some did help out and a big thank you to those who went out of there way to join the rework conversation!

It seems whenever bottiger didn't make changes for VSH, the community would cry and complain that it's dying because he's doing nothing to mix it up, then when he does make changes they cry and complain that he's "ruining vsh" and needs to revert it back to the way it was.

Bottiger

Administrator
It seems whenever bottiger didn't make changes for VSH, the community would cry and complain that it's dying because he's doing nothing to mix it up, then when he does make changes they cry and complain that he's "ruining vsh" and needs to revert it back to the way it was.

What happened is that they only wanted buffs to the humans while the boss win rate kept getting lower and lower, leading to more players only playing human and only wanting human buffs.

Every time I tried to reverse this process I was met with numerous complaints so the only thing I could do was to add boss hp, making the round take longer and longer and driving all the new players away.

Any changes I add, the regs we had would sit in the server for hours continually spamming chat about how the server sucked and that they were going to leave.

EmmBee

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was wondering what had happened to the server lately. I don't really have much to add, but thought I'd sign up anyway just to give my two cents.
I'm a bit surprised to hear all the talk that the VSH server was struggling. From my perspective the only times I'd ever see the server completely empty was usually in the mornings when most people would be at work. It honest to god looked like it was active with 20+ players literally every night.

I liked some of the changes made to the gamemode, namely I appreciate the changes made to help rounds go faster and not drag on forever. As a Medic main I want to like the reviving mechanic, but I can't help but feel like more often than not it gets in my way. I'll often find myself clicking on a dead player rather than one that's alive, and when building uber in a pinch that can kind of be annoying.

One major complaint I've heard from regulars on the server has been about map selection. Many expressed disappointment towards which maps had been removed in the past year. It didn't bother me personally, but that could explain why some have left for other servers or outright other games.

So I guess all in all, I'm just sad to see the community completely die off like this. I've been playing on and off on the server for nearly a decade now, it always felt like one of those things that would just be around no matter what. I've been playing Freak Fortress trying to scratch that itch, but it isn't really the same. Best I can do though when the official gamemode crashes literally every time I play.

• Wow