Max1996

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
As I mentioned earlier today, the regulars I know in the EU VSH server (near-)unanimously agree that the map Egyptyspot has become worse due to the recent map change.

This is why I suggest that, for the EU VSH server specifically, this map change be reverted.

Skep

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1
but remove the spikes, those things are just a crutch, or at least nerf them

I still have nightmares about them

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
+1

Because the new version has some issues that made Egyptyspot special, no I'm not talking about the spikes.
If Stack Man would just make the map like the current version but with the visually pleasing design and remove the spikes, I would be happy already.

Maybe keep the spikes from the room under the island, it almost never kills the hale and they used it often to gain super duper jump in exchange for 500 health.

Opb

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Mapper
+1

Because the new version has some issues that made Egyptyspot special, no I'm not talking about the spikes.
If Stack Man would just make the map like the current version but with the visually pleasing design and remove the spikes, I would be happy already.

Maybe keep the spikes from the room under the island, it almost never kills the hale and they used it often to gain super duper jump in exchange for 500 health.

+1 to this

Flandre

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1
Let´s downgrade from cringe reworked to old school map .
and spike should be remove from old map.
funny engi place spot for me.

btw I love you.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Bottiger won't split the VSH EU/US map pools if he's not gonna split the VSH/FF map pools.
I still don't understand, what do you guys specifically dislike about the rework? All I've seen is "rework bad."

Stack Man

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper

+1

Part of removing those spikes was because it was abused for super duper jump.

500 health for SDJ is not a fair exchange and many on the US server agree.

ish

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor

Since your suggestion for splitting the US and EU VSH server tweaks has already gotten numerous -1s, I believe this suggestion will have the same effect.
The reworked version of egyptspot is much better than the original in terms of flow and mechanics.

Reactions: spudster

RodGzM

Contributor
-1 pls no more flying trolldiers and taking several mins to find like 14 snipers

Soda™

Uncharitable Spy
-1 I truly believe EU vsh must be a shitshow with how you all want to balance. The rework makes the map not a sniper map by a landslide and actually is now fun.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
-1 I truly believe EU vsh must be a shitshow with how you all want to balance. The rework makes the map not a sniper map by a landslide and actually is now fun.
We are questioning the US vsh too.
So many random changes that we were never informed about.

If only we could send a representive member of EU VSH and US VSH to discuss planned changes before they get applied.

Max1996

Contributor
bro vsh is going to get split before ff2 what the fuck this isnt fair
Is it not less fair to not have this split happen at all? As long as it doesn't, EU players are forced to take whatever VSH changes are made to placate the US players, with little to no knowledge before the fact, or approval thereof.

Fellhammer Slayer

Truly Feared Pyro
+1 egyptyspot was a classic map but this update removes everything classic about it, I also agree with removing the spikes if it is reverted.

Fellhammer Slayer

Truly Feared Pyro
if only vsh and ff2 had seperate map pools

i agree that's exactly how it should be. although they are practically the same and are based on the same gamemode, ff2 is still significantly different in it's gameplay that it should warrant a different map selection. some maps that work fine in standard VSH are really bad in FF2. and sometimes it's the other way around.

Soda™

Uncharitable Spy
Is it not less fair to not have this split happen at all? As long as it doesn't, EU players are forced to take whatever VSH changes are made to placate the US players, with little to no knowledge before the fact, or approval thereof.
The US playerbase wants change for VSH. They provide input and are quite active on forums yet EU players barely give any input on changes. Quite a lot of changes were made not through forums which I agree isn't a great thing however you can't really blame players for asking for changes for balance and just to change things up. Its the same game for everyone and you all have the ability for give input through forums etc. There is no reason to split the playerbase as everyone can give input on what we want changed. This would just provide a rift between EU players who want different changes aswell. You can't make everyone happy. Also Bottiger is stubborn to make changes as is so splitting the changes would just mean both sides are getting less of what we want.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
The US playerbase wants change for VSH. They provide input and are quite active on forums yet EU players barely give any input on changes. Quite a lot of changes were made not through forums which I agree isn't a great thing however you can't really blame players for asking for changes for balance and just to change things up. Its the same game for everyone and you all have the ability for give input through forums etc. There is no reason to split the playerbase as everyone can give input on what we want changed. This would just provide a rift between EU players who want different changes aswell. You can't make everyone happy. Also Bottiger is stubborn to make changes as is so splitting the changes would just mean both sides are getting less of what we want.
Everytime we asked a change, we get yelled at which discourages our EU community to put more suggestions on the forums.