Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hey there, chaps and chapesses, it's me, Defib.

So, we got a intermediate problem: the ballon on Sky High Resort, a more than popular map on VSH.

It's one of the first map's to show up in cycles and in !nominate, so it's not easy to not pick. It's also become a more favored map because it's many health, ammo, platforms, and other advantages. To counter these merc beneficiaries, a skillful hale can utilize the maps merely zero skybox confinement or buildings to free-fly. Sky High was considered balanced until the exploit of ... THE BALLOON.

The balloon is a colliding/moving object in the resort. You can hop on and fly around the map, otherwise it's quite pointless. It's constant slide-like movement and high basket walls prevents players aboard it from doing any damage. Any hale less than 15 degrees cannot be hit/any hale above 15 degrees is too far away to actually do decent damage on.

QYUIlEU.png

In result, griefers will just sit in the balloon for the whole 10 minutes, (usually as last men standing) and wait for hale to try to jump into the balloon. Getting in the balloon via jump requires a difficult swift crouch jump. When the hale attempts to enter the balloon the players-in-the-basket's weapons can actually do optimal damage, pushing away Hales, especially since they are granted crits for last men.

Another big problem is engie-building-collision issues. As you can see in the demo I provided below, you can construct buildings in the basket and they will bleed through the basket walls and stay afloat in mid-air. Almost impossible for hale to approach.

Please remove the balloon on sky high due its ability to make pointless elongated matches + engie glitch: where engies can build floating sentries.

Demo: https://www.mediafire.com/?k8493684we3bp1y

scrb

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+0.5
I'd put fixing the point on higher priority though (it would solve the problem anyways)

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I never liked this map. The balloon is a pain and so are snipers that like to camp on top of the of the red tower. There is also an exploit with spy. +1 on removing it

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I never liked this map. The balloon is a pain and so are snipers that like to camp on top of the of the red tower. There is also an exploit with spy. +1 on removing it
What exploit.
But I agree with you on everything you said. And the teleporting to the middle when you fall of the map is annoying as hell, since spies can backstab and engi's can even telefrag hale.
+1 for removing the map

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What exploit.
But I agree with you on everything you said. And the teleporting to the middle when you fall of the map is annoying as hell, since spies can backstab and engi's can even telefrag hale.
+1 for removing the map
There's an exploit where as a spy you don't die when you fall off the map and teleport like the hale.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There's an exploit where as a spy you don't die when you fall off the map and teleport like the hale.
Same thing happens when you uber charge or use Bonk as Scout. I don't remember how much damage it deals. :c

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Same thing happens when you uber charge or use Bonk as Scout. I don't remember how much damage it deals. :c
Falling and teleporting back to the mid does a compensation damage of 240. Just enough for a hale to survive by 10 health.

Easy for any overhealed player, über meds, and cloacked spies.

Last edited:

MagnumSphere

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I would like to also add could the map be darkened! It's seriously the ONLY reason I wont play on it. this crap hurts my eyes even when lowering my brightness...

Last edited: