pad.jos98

Mildly Menacing Medic
so since i got fios about a half a year ago... i've been losing internet connection from time to time but not getting it back for an hour or so. i just want to know if anyone else is having this problem and if anybody knows how to fix it without plugging in a Ethernet cable (i can reach the router from my room with one) ty.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
There is nothing we can do to help. If you are losing internet connection you need to call verizon and get them to fix it. If they say they can't, tell them you want to talk to someone who knows what they are doing.

opieman2010

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Clearly Verizon is lying and the only way to get things fixed is a strongly worded singing telegram.

pad.jos98

Mildly Menacing Medic
There is nothing we can do to help. If you are losing internet connection you need to call verizon and get them to fix it. If they say they can't, tell them you want to talk to someone who knows what they are doing.

i was just seeing if anybody on here new what they were doing :P

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I do know what i am doing and i am telling you what to do to get it fixed....

Call them and tell them to fix it. If they don't tell them you want new equipment to replace the faulty equipment.Then tell them you are not satisfied with the way you are being helped and you are thinking of switching to bright house(or whatever else you have). you can possible get a month or two of free internet.

opieman2010

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Sounds like your router may be the culprit if you have no problems with a wired connection.

But yes, check with your router manufacturer and Verizon.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you're using a wireless connection, take a moment to see if there's anything wrong with your adapter.

My old adapter had an overheating problem that tended to drop my internet for a while. Had to swap it out. Yours probably isn't overheating since you'd have noticed by now if it was, but just double-check your adapter is fine.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
i have verzion at work, Im using their modem which is also a router. Completely sucks. I will loose internet connection and the only way to fix it is unplugging the modem and plugging it back in. I need to do this every other day just once.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not everyone as lucky as OP to have FiOS in his area.. I'd switch from Comcast in no time if I had FiOS in my area.

Back to the topic: I'm ready to put 100$ on your router taking a crap. Try getting another router and running it for a week as a test. I bet your connection will be stable. If it's not, then the run coming from Verizon's box to your house has a signal loss.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Yeah, I agree with Psycho and David here. Back before I got the router and modem I have now, I had a similar problem that you're having. Sometimes, without any warning or otherwise, my net would just suddenly drop at the most random times, usually for 10-15 minutes at a time, and resetting the router and modem, and my WiFi adapter did nothing. Had to replace the both of them, which was nice, because they were old as all hell.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Not everyone as lucky as OP to have FiOS in his area.. I'd switch from Comcast in no time if I had FiOS in my area.

Back to the topic: I'm ready to put 100$ on your router taking a crap. Try getting another router and running it for a week as a test. I bet your connection will be stable. If it's not, then the run coming from Verizon's box to your house has a signal loss.

I was trying to have him take the free route and have Verizon replace it. Cause I am pretty sure most ISP's are switching to a duel modem/router device. That is what i was told by Brighthouse anyway, haven't bothered to check it.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I was trying to have him take the free route and have Verizon replace it. Cause I am pretty sure most ISP's are switching to a duel modem/router device. That is what i was told by Brighthouse anyway, haven't bothered to check it.

I have TWC, and they came out and replaced my Modem, but I had to buy a new Router, so I wouldn't chance Verizon giving him a new Router.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Verizon FiOS is rather unstable, I wouldn't use it even if it were available here lol. Not yet anyways..

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fios is not unstable, the biggest issue is their routers are generally lower quality shit tier.

Call the company and demand they send a tech over to look at it or you're going to go to -insert competitor's name here- They'll fix that shit real fast - the internet competition is crazy and they will do anything to keep you going. It's more than likely the router.