courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
1: How often would you be available to trade?
-Most of every day of the week
2: What country do you live in?
-'Murica
3: What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?
-A Cloud 9 Sole mate and $200 paypal for a RA Sole Mate. I have also went first in every instance of buying keys via paypal, buying around 70 in my career.
4: Do you have any prior middleman experiences?
-I have middlemanned countless spycrabs on Skial Trade servers ranging from a scrap to a bud (when buds were ~20)
5: You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?
-I would ask the seller to wait a few minutes, as sometimes transactions take time to process. If the funds still have not arrived, i would ask for a timestamped screenshot of his recent transactions. Provided he isn't lying, i would force the transaction to be canceled, and return the item to the seller.
6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?
- i would politely decline involvement, and encourage the buyer/seller to seek someone more experienced in non-steam transactions.
7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?
- If the scammer needs a middleman for low tier items, i would go ahead and proceed, provided the scammer's reputation isn't impressively horrible. If the transaction involves mid-high tier items, i would decline due to Steamrep rulings.
8: Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?
-Besides basic profile rep, which doesn't count as legitimate rep, i have positive trust ratings on backpack.tf for paypal transactions
9: Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?
-Skial Trade has been the pillar of my trading career. I have a large amount of hours clocked in on Skial Trade servers, and have accumulated a large amount of wealth in-game without so much as a single temporary caution tag. Regulars of Skial Trade NY know me very well, and have vouched in the past for my trading knowledge and willingness to help any trader in need.

DENiED

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie Monster

Mildly Menacing Medic
This will always depend somedays I can only be on for a few hours then on others I can be on for 12+ hours. When school starts I can spend time at night on. On the weekends I can spend almost all day on most of the time.
United States of America
3: What is the highest value trade you have completed so far (with risk, or without, list both)?
With risk for the other user not me would be around 600 keys in unusuals. I brokered for someone the rep can be found here http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198011135143
The biggest trade that involved risk for me would have been a small paypal deal I did with Micheal Puddington which If I remember correctly I bough $20 worth of refined.
I have middlemanned on = ocu = trade servers when they were up and had users playing on them.
5: You're middleman'ing a trade, and the seller claims to have not received the money after the buyer says he sent it. How do you proceed?
First I would ask the seller to send an uncropped screenshot of his paypal history. If that shows no money was recieved I will then ask the buyer to send me an uncropped screenshot of his paypal history. If the buyer did send the money I will have them both confirm that the right email was used.
6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transactin?
I would not middleman this trade due to If something were to be messed up steamrep would not handle the report.
Are there any reports that SteamRep DOESN'T investigate?

These reports we will automatically mark as INVALID and will not be researched or actioned:

1) Proprietary maps, scripts, copyright, & other server administration disputes
As these fall within the realm of server administration and fall entirely outside of Steam trading, SteamRep does not investigate these (regardless of any precedent set in the past).

2) Scams involving trades occurring entirely outside of Steam trading
SteamRep's scope is limited to trades that involve the Steam economy and Steam trading ONLY. We do not handle scams for other game economies nor do we handle scams regarding outside businesses or agencies. These should be handled with the appropriate authorities.

3) Scams involving Tangible/Physical Goods
Refer above, it is outside SteamRep's ability to effectively investigate and to determine the legitimacy of such trades.

7: The seller is a tagged scammer on SteamRep. While it's impossible for him to rip anybody off if you're effectively middleman'ing, do you still proceed with the transaction? If so, how? What about pending reports, or caution tags?
If the user is tagged I will refuse to middleman for him. I will ask him to appeal his tag and tell him if he gets his tagged removed I will gladly middleman for him. Pending reports would matter as some pending reports are invalid and have not been looked at to be marked so. Id first check their tf2op page and see if they were banned for that pending report to get a better judgement. I will also not middleman for people with caution tags due to in my opinoon you got that tag for a reason and it ruins my trust in you.
8: Do you have any form of reputation? Be it a rep thread or feedback on a trading site?
http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198011135143/1 also my useless profile rep
I think I should represent Skials Community of traders on Steamrep because currently there is only one active Skial Middleman which is Someone. There are too many people requesting Middleman Services and there are not enough people to handle them. When people do not get a trusted middleman they end up going to get someone else to middleman which most of the time ends up resulting in the user getting scammed. I am already an active reported on FOG and I know steamreps policy's well.

DENIED

Frosty

Scarcely Lethal Noob

- Everyday, so around 5-6 hours a day.

- Denmark

-(With risk) My karambit fade for real life money. (A bit of nerves going on there ;) )
- (Without risk) 400 keys from steam.

- I was earlier middleman for a danish trade group named "Unge Gamere" which had 15.000 users, but its closed now and have got all new admins and name.

-First, i always have the item(s) that is going to get sold. Then i ask him if he has sent the money to the correct number/email etc. If he has, then i ask for screenshots of both accounts paypal or where they will get/send the money from. If he still dont have it, ill wait a couple of minutes, because the money may not be coming instant. The item will stay in my possession during this time.

-I get the steam item. Then i will let them trade with the item(s) form the non-steam game. Once i get a proper confirmation that the trade went succesfully, i give the steam item to that person who sent the non-steam item(s)

- It is against my rules to do any form from trading with a user with scammer tag. But ill check if they made a unban request, if they did and the case is cleared with him having enough evidence being unbanned, but no tags has been removed yet, then i will middleman. Caution tags can be put on by an admin to make the user contact them, because of an ongoing investigation. It may also be because of a first offense warning. Caution tags can also be put on temporarily, because of the 2 reason above So i can middleman, but with caution.

-Never really used the +rep thing. So i only got my account, and the users from the old site "Unge Gamere"

- Scam is getting popular and i wanna do a difference. I have seen many people being scammed by middleman scams, many items scam, steam money scam etc. I wanna help people getting their items, because i hate people stealin'

-Frosty

DENIED

Sniper Pro

Scarcely Lethal Noob
- Pretty much every day and for most of the day. I'm a college student so I have a decent amount of downtime on weekends and at night, and I spend much of my time on Steam already.
- MA, USA
- With: Golden Pan for $1800 via Paypal.
Without: Circling Heart Crone's Dome trade. Total value was about 1200 Keys.
- Yes, I've middlemanned for friends and strangers numerous times. I'm an Admin on FirePowered Servers and have middlemanned spycrabs and Paypal trades there, as well as brokering many many hats for traders.
- I would ask both players for uncropped screenshots of their trade history for whatever Payment method they're using (Paypal, BTC, etc.) to see if any money transfers actually took place. I would not trade any items to either player until I am 100% sure what the situation is.
- I would prefer not to middleman for these types of trades unless I am familiar with the games/items and feel comfortable with the trade. If not I would either refuse to middleman or suggest another trusted middleman who I know would have good experience with these items.
- I refuse to trade and/or middleman for any marked players of any kind. If there are pending reports, I would carefully read the reports to see what the situation is and go from there. If it's clear the report is valid I would refuse, but if it's clear that the accused will be acquitted based on SR Staff posts/information then I would middleman for them. I would middleman for players with Caution tags provided they don't have any further reports and I feel comfortable with both players.
- Yes. I've done hundreds of Paypal trades of my own through these Outpost trades: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18048046 and http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/20462580 I have also accumulated significant amounts of reputation through the following threads: http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198059316053 and http://bazaar.tf/thread/4523 I would consider myself a pretty well-known trader at this point, and many of my Paypal trades are with returning customers who tell me they trust me more than other traders on Outpost or their own communities. Furthermore, I am a Moderator for FirePowered, a SR Friend community and am trusted with full middlemanning permissions on their trade servers and forums. I've been an Admin on several other gaming communities in the past. I have regularly done Paypal trades with Admins/Moderators of other trusted communities, including SR, FoG, LZ, and OP.
- Though I am not heavily involved with Skial's trading community, I would like to be. I've seen that Skial is looking for trusted middlemen and this is something I've always wanted to take part in since I've started trading. I feel I am ready and I would love to donate my time to help out wherever possible. I am very professional and courteous in my trades and know how to document these types of transactions through my own personal experiences.

Extra Info:
Backpack: http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198059316053 Current value of $6000+
Rep.tf Page: https://rep.tf/76561198059316053

| steamname: [FP] Sniper Noob
| steam3ID: [U:1:99050325]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:49525162
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059316053
| customURL:
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059316053

Thank you for your consideration!

EDIT: Updated #3

Last edited:

TheVenomWithin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Going to give this a go.

Provided I am not sleeping, I'm available about 8 hours a day on Steam.

HI, USA

I've brokered a Golden frying pan for a friend of mine, and have brokered these two god tier unusuals. ~1110 keys, ~2250 keys, and ~1000 keys.
~http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/25398508
~http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/26993224
Without risk, I've bought a Knife storm Veil for 300 pure, a BF casemaker for 300 in items, and so on.

I acted as a middleman a while back on the servers SwirlClinic, and have acted as our main middleman for our servers TheFreeHawks back when they were still active. I've done countless of trades for middlemanning as well, including several $$$'s worth.

I'd defuse the situation as quickly as possible. I'd calmly ask for evidence from the buyer that he's sent the money, and ask the seller to patiently wait. Sometimes when it comes to PayPal trading, there can be delays. I would not give the items to the buyer until I have concrete evidence of the money being sent, of course, being uncropped screenshots (They can be edited.)

I wouldn't handle this transaction in most cases. I don't think a middleman should do something he is uncomfortable with. I also believe that it is against Valve's TOS to do so. I'd help both the buyer and the seller to find another reputable MM who'd be up for this job. I have sold and MMed exchanges for things like Clash of Clans accounts, and Minecraft accounts, which I am familiar with. In that case, I'd follow through with it.

I'd never MM for any marked scammers or obvious scammer alts. I would not proceed with the transaction. I'd do a full background check, using rep.tf and other sources before proceeding with any MM related service. Depending on the caution tag's reasoning is how I'd handle the situation. In most cases however, a caution tag is fine as long as they aren't marked. For pending reports, I'd usually avoid MMing a trade like this, and would ask several of my contacts (Polar, several Backpack.tf moderators, etc) on their opinion of the report. I'd also review it for myself, and come to a general conclusion. If the report is obviously missing key evidence or is incomplete, I'd allow the trade.

I have an old PayPal thread which was removed on TF2-t for some unknown reason. My current rep ~ http://backpack.tf/trust/76561198097412213

Why should you represent Skial's community of traders on SteamRep?
Seems to me like Skial's one of TF2's best communities. I'd love to help out, in anyway possible. I have lots of free time on my hands, and currently maintain a backpack worth about ~$4,000. I've been looking for a community to contribute my time to, and this seems the most fitting. I am an experienced broker, who is very familiar with trading and MMing in general. You'd have a dedicated user on your side, who is ready to do any task set before him. I understand the feeling of being scammed, and have studied throughout all of the common methods that these people use. You'd be hiring an experienced user, not someone you'd need to baby and teach. I feel like I am qualified for the job here at Skial without a shadow of a doubt. Skial has always been pleasant for me, and so have the admins. I respect this place far more than I do of other servers.

I also commonly add new unboxers to the game in order to assist them with their hat, and later on make an offer. I welcome the information of Steamrep, Rep.tf, and common reputation sites. I teach them the basics of trading, and give solid advice regarding offers, common scam methods, and how to avoid getting sharked and phished. I feel like a MM should have strong people skills, and this is something I know I have without a shadow of a doubt. I have good connections with several high tier traders, and staff members within the TF2 community who I am good friends with. With a trustworthy MM like myself, less scams will take place, and thus, we will have a nicer, cleaner community.

Appreciate your consideration, open to any questions you may have.

| steamname: TheVenomWithin #BdayTomorrow!
| steam3ID: [U:1:137146485]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:68573242
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097412213
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheVenomWithin
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198097412213

HypeAngus

Scarcely Lethal Noob
A wide range of times(may variate), weekdays 4:00pm - 10:00pm, weekends 10:00am - 10:00pm (GMT)

United Kingdom (GMT/BST)

Honestly, around £5 mid risk, I haven't had many opportunities to take part in high value trades. I have attempted to on sites like CSGOLounge but have always been politely declined.

Again, sadly not. I was middleman'ing for a close friend but the buyer backed out at the last minute.

I would react to this is stages:
1) Freeze the item in question,
2) Wait 10-20 minutes to allow for Paypal to catch up,
3) Confirm the seller has given the right email,
4) Confirm the buyer has sent the money the the right email,
5) Ask both parties to sent uncropped print screens of their transaction history,
6) When the issue is resolved, trade the item to the seller.

1) Freeze the transaction,
2) Wait until the seller has sent the non-Steam game and can confirm (with screenshots) that they have,
3) Ask the buyer to confirm they have received it,
4) Trade the item to the buyer.

Quoted from the rules: 'Do not middleman for anybody who is a tagged scammer on SteamRep.' ... 'This means you must look up each person you're trading with (formiddleman purposes) on SteamRep prior to any trades.'

Sadly - no. As I have said every I have offered to middleman for someone I have been insta-blocked and been accused of a scammer.

I should represent Skial's community because websites that revolve around trade are complex and interesting places to be based. Also the idea of client to control to recipient asset transfer is a fascinating subject to be a part of. Moreover the ways of how the transaction can be secured using security codes is also fascinating. Finally I would represent the community in a good light as I am professional, efficient and mature. If you would like anymore information about me please contact me.

Edit #1: Fixed line spacing.

phumkie

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am available from 12 AM - 11 PM EEST

I live in Greece

I've done a paypal transaction for a knife. (For a friend)

Yes, I have been middleman'ing for my friends.

I tell the buyer to verify tha he sent it to the right email, if he says that he did, then I would ask for a screenshot verification.

6: The buyer and seller are negotiating between Steam items, and items from a non-Steam game. How do you handle this transaction?
If the price of the Steam Items and the non-Steam items are equal, and both sides are certain about the trade, I may proceed with the trade.

Under ANY circumstances I will not middleman for someone with a trade ban, VAC ban, caution or scammer tag in SteamRep.

I am very trusted over a lot of steam Groups, but no trading sites.

My dream is to become a Middleman and I want to help people feel more safe when making a trade, that's why the Middleman Community is here.