Randy Savage

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was playing in a 2fort server, dicking around with a few people, singing every once in a while. It seemed like the majority of the server was in fact enjoying my antics, only one person complained, and I was not breaking any rules. Admin Cylosis came in and saw fit to vote to mute and gag me with no warning. When that vote failed, he just muted and gagged me himself. I would have been happy to oblige any requests to stop if they had been made, but since that wasn't the case, I'm just a little peeved at the situation. It's not like it's going to last forever, but it really ruined a good time people were having.
Is that just protocol for admins, or what?

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
singing every once in a while
I'm going to call you out on exaggerating this part here and justify my temporary silence under the micspamming rule.

The "majority" (see: The three people with mics) of the people on the server enjoying your "antics" is not a loophole around the rules, sorry.

Randy Savage

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm definitely willing to admit I exaggerated. Still, a warning would have been nice, I guess that's the bit that's got my jimmies twisted. I wasn't aware that it qualified as micspamming.

Sandy Ravage

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm going to call you out on exaggerating this part here and justify my temporary silence under the micspamming rule.
The "majority" (see: The three people with mics) of the people on the server enjoying your "antics" is not a loophole around the rules, sorry.

You should also note that there were several people that were participating in and enjoying these "antics" through the comments on the server.
It's at least nice to get a warning, but sometimes something's got to be done, I suppose. Still, I felt as if it was a rushed decision.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You should also note that there were several people that were participating in and enjoying these "antics" through the comments on the server.
It's at least nice to get a warning, but sometimes something's got to be done, I suppose. Still, I felt as if it was a rushed decision.
You can feel free to enjoy antics such as that in your own voice channel such as Mumble or TeamSpeak, or on our Idle server.

The 2fort server is for people playing 2fort - not for people singing and then showing up here to under exaggerate it.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm definitely willing to admit I exaggerated. Still, a warning would have been nice, I guess that's the bit that's got my jimmies twisted. I wasn't aware that it qualified as micspamming.

why the fuck would you make alt. accounts

Sandy Ravage

Mildly Menacing Medic
You can feel free to enjoy antics such as that in your own voice channel such as Mumble or TeamSpeak, or on our Idle server.

The 2fort server is for people playing 2fort - not for people singing and then showing up here to under exaggerate it.

There's this crazy thing called muting someone through your own computer.

I've never once casted a vote to mute someone before, seeing as how I can just do it myself and not even be aware of their presence.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
A thanks to both of you for being understanding here, but you can't always assume that because there are other people joining in on the evening fun, that the whole server is having a good time.
Having 8 people participate in the same bout of comedy may seem like a ton, but you have to remember that's only a quarter of the server. Many people simply aren't aware of the tools available for shutting themselves out of it so that they can focus on their own game. If you want to have conversation and other noisy enjoyment with friends, boot up Skype or TeamSpeak and keep it to yourselves.

Why dont you link your account to Skial then?
It isn't an alt, it's two people tag-teaming to make it funnier, I guess. Get off his back.

Reactions: Randy Savage

Sandy Ravage

Mildly Menacing Medic
A thanks to both of you for being understanding here, but you can't always assume that because there are other people joining in on the evening fun, that the whole server is having a good time.
Having 8 people participate in the same bout of comedy may seem like a ton, but you have to remember that's only a quarter of the server. Many people simply aren't aware of the tools available for shutting themselves out of it so that they can focus on their own game. If you want to have conversation and other noisy enjoyment with friends, boot up Skype or TeamSpeak and keep it to yourselves.
It's funny because we were actually talking on Skype as well. We just like to include anyone that may be interested in being a part of what we consider "fun". Your actions were definitely understandable. It would be nice if there was some way to notify people of the built-in options that they have available.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
There's this crazy thing called muting someone through your own computer.

I've never once casted a vote to mute someone before, seeing as how I can just do it myself and not even be aware of their presence.
People joining our 2fort server to - WHAT THE HELL?!?!! - play a game of 2fort, should not be subject to need to client mute people singing uselessly.

We apologize you feel it was unjust, however, admins typically do a vote for a silence to determine how much of the server wants the spam to stop. As Cylosis said, there was a majority, although not meeting our steep /votemenu minimum, and thus he acted upon it.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
It's funny because we were actually talking on Skype as well. We just like to include anyone that may be interested in being a part of what we consider "fun". Your actions were definitely understandable. It would be nice if there was some way to notify people of the built-in options that they have available.
I honestly can't get my head around people not noticing that the client mute feature is there.
And yet, I've had to give people step-by-step instructions at least a dozen times.

Nothing personal against the two of you, just acting in favor of the majority of the players. Again, thanks for being cool about it.

Sandy Ravage

Mildly Menacing Medic
People joining our 2fort server to - WHAT THE HELL?!?!! - play a game of 2fort, should not be subject to need to client mute people singing uselessly.

We apologize you feel it was unjust, however, admins typically do a vote for a silence to determine how much of the server wants the spam to stop. As Cylosis said, there was a majority, although not meeting our steep /votemenu minimum, and thus he acted upon it.
Well, all there really is to do is cry about it for a bit and then get over it. This was definitely an interesting experience. At least Randy now knows of the mic-spamming rule. It was just kind of weird for me to watch it all go down, but it's better now that I understand fully what happened.

Randy Savage

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I honestly can't get my head around people not noticing that the client mute feature is there.
And yet, I've had to give people step-by-step instructions at least a dozen times.

Nothing personal against the two of you, just acting in favor of the majority of the players. Again, thanks for being cool about it.
Yeah, no problem. Totally understand where you guys are coming from, I'll be sure to keep myself in check in the future.

Reactions: Sandy Ravage

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I was playing in a 2fort server, dicking around with a few people, singing every once in a while. It seemed like the majority of the server was in fact enjoying my antics, only one person complained, and I was not breaking any rules. Admin Cylosis came in and saw fit to vote to mute and gag me with no warning. When that vote failed, he just muted and gagged me himself. I would have been happy to oblige any requests to stop if they had been made, but since that wasn't the case, I'm just a little peeved at the situation. It's not like it's going to last forever, but it really ruined a good time people were having.
Is that just protocol for admins, or what?
Ahh I remember this I think you were in 2fort LA and we had people singing the theme song for some Pokemon tv show and it was fun. The only advice I can give you if you want to have a little fun with the others singing is don't do it so much. People find it funny for a little bit and then they just lose interest so if you do it again just remember stop after a few seconds and then don't jump in for a while. That might keep you out of some trouble and I hope to see you tonight on 2 fort.