• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I put permanent until I was done playing so I can adjust it to what it should be.

You get a month off.

Reactions: Astir

DarkNecrid

Scarcely Lethal Noob
No offense, but how is that adjusted to what it should be? (i just really do not understand, honestly)

Let's go through this day as it happened (logs will corroborate everything here if you bother to check them)

a) Goat was gagged for racism on mic. This part is 100% ok and he deserved it.

b) I was kicked for no reason by an administrator. Gwor said that the team we were on was "the worst team he has ever seen" (which is pretty mean btw and probably not true), I said that maybe Chuck East and gwor shouldn't be on Sniper and Spy when we don't have any power classes (we literally had 2 of them, everyone else was pyro sniper or spy) and the team wouldn't be so bad, which would fix their complaining. If we had 2 more power classes instead of Sniper/Spy, we probably would have won our struggling push since the teams were pretty uneven. Even if this could be construed as harsh, an admin essentially called everyone on the team shit which is 500% worse (also nothing that you don't see on the server most of the time, though). This is basically the only reason I can come up with for me getting kicked, and it's an absolutely poor reason to kick someone for, especially since it was just a suggestion and I was not rude, and nothing Gwor or I said would be against the server rules in the first place.

c) After seeing me get kicked, other people changed their names to various things including "skial did 9/11", "skial badmin", "#freenecrid" etc. One of the admins (Chuck East) changed his name to "necrid is a douche" which is a pretty douche thing to do. Some of the names that were changed to were in poor taste, admittedly, just like Chuck's so w/e.

d) Goat was banned for "dodging" apparently, but I'm not sure what he dodged?

e) Other people besides goat who changed their names got banned for 3(?) days for "dodging" which makes absolutely zero sense to me as they were all successfully kicked in the first place. How can you "dodge" a kick that successfully took place? The Skial dodge rule (if I'm not mistaken) is for when people dodge kicks/gags they were supposed to get, or dodge bans, which no one that I know of did here.

f) Mentula here got the longest ban, yet he changed his name one time by my count.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that for some odd reason you got absolutely confused and thought everyone changing their names over that period of time was Goat. I'm not sure how Mentula deserves a month ban when he did less things than anyone else in the server who changed their names. Then again, while people did change their names a lot, aside from a couple of them being rude, no one was communicating anything with their names really. (and this really isn't a rule in the MOTD in the first place from what I see.)

Mentula here def didn't dodge anything for sure tho, no action was even taken against him until the dodge ban as far as I'm aware, so what did he possibly dodge?

A better explanation of what Mentula specifically did to break the specific existing Skial rules would be nice :/. I don't care too much about the rest but Mentula really didn't do anything and couldn't have possibly dodged anything if that was the only action taken against him in the first place.

Maybe I'm missing something??

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
No offense, but how is that adjusted to what it should be? (i just really do not understand, honestly)

Let's go through this day as it happened (logs will corroborate everything here if you bother to check them)

a) Goat was gagged for racism on mic. This part is 100% ok and he deserved it.

b) I was kicked for no reason by an administrator. Gwor said that the team we were on was "the worst team he has ever seen" (which is pretty mean btw and probably not true), I said that maybe Chuck East and gwor shouldn't be on Sniper and Spy when we don't have any power classes (we literally had 2 of them, everyone else was pyro sniper or spy) and the team wouldn't be so bad, which would fix their complaining. If we had 2 more power classes instead of Sniper/Spy, we probably would have won our struggling push since the teams were pretty uneven. Even if this could be construed as harsh, an admin essentially called everyone on the team shit which is 500% worse (also nothing that you don't see on the server most of the time, though). This is basically the only reason I can come up with for me getting kicked, and it's an absolutely poor reason to kick someone for, especially since it was just a suggestion and I was not rude, and nothing Gwor or I said would be against the server rules in the first place.

c) After seeing me get kicked, other people changed their names to various things including "skial did 9/11", "skial badmin", "#freenecrid" etc. One of the admins (Chuck East) changed his name to "necrid is a douche" which is a pretty douche thing to do. Some of the names that were changed to were in poor taste, admittedly, just like Chuck's so w/e.

d) Goat was banned for "dodging" apparently, but I'm not sure what he dodged?

e) Other people besides goat who changed their names got banned for 3(?) days for "dodging" which makes absolutely zero sense to me as they were all successfully kicked in the first place. How can you "dodge" a kick that successfully took place? The Skial dodge rule (if I'm not mistaken) is for when people dodge kicks/gags they were supposed to get, or dodge bans, which no one that I know of did here.

f) Mentula here got the longest ban, yet he changed his name one time by my count.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that for some odd reason you got absolutely confused and thought everyone changing their names over that period of time was Goat. I'm not sure how Mentula deserves a month ban when he did less things than anyone else in the server who changed their names. Then again, while people did change their names a lot, aside from a couple of them being rude, no one was communicating anything with their names really. (and this really isn't a rule in the MOTD in the first place from what I see.)

Mentula here def didn't dodge anything for sure tho, no action was even taken against him until the dodge ban as far as I'm aware, so what did he possibly dodge?

A better explanation of what Mentula specifically did to break the specific existing Skial rules would be nice :/. I don't care too much about the rest but Mentula really didn't do anything and couldn't have possibly dodged anything if that was the only action taken against him in the first place.

Maybe I'm missing something??
I could be wrong but I think the admins have guidelines for ban lengths, but again I could be wrong. That being said, they could just be suggestions - the actual time might be determined by the admin on each situation.

DarkNecrid

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I get that much, but this person did nothing except change his name to mentula_down and then after goat got banned, he changed his name to "you can't ban freedom".

How is that worthy of a ban, let alone a month.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For what its worth, I changed my name because I had just realized that you removed me from your friends list. We had chatted less than a week ago and you accepted my friend request. I realized last night that you removed me from your friends list so I changed my name to "Necrid is a douche" to give you a hard time about that. I am sorry if that offended you, that wasn't my intent. I was just joking around. I am sorry that it was taken the wrong way.

DarkNecrid

Scarcely Lethal Noob
For what its worth, I changed my name because I had just realized that you removed me from your friends list. We had chatted less than a week ago and you accepted my friend request. I realized last night that you removed me from your friends list so I changed my name to "Necrid is a douche" to give you a hard time about that. I am sorry if that offended you, that wasn't my intent. I was just joking around. I am sorry that it was taken the wrong way.

It's fine, I'm incredibly picky about people I keep on my friend's list considering I am decently known, and I despise big friend's lists.

I'm just not sure why I was kicked or why some people got 3 days bans or why Mentula got a month ban still. :q

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have been checking the bans to try to figure it out. I silenced Goat for using the N word. He then kept changing his name. This is considered 'Dodging" because using name changes is dodging that punishment of being silenced. That is why Mittens banned him.

I am unsure of what else happened. I left the server in the midst of all of this.

Perhaps there is confusion because Goat and Mentula are on the same IP?

DarkNecrid

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have been checking the bans to try to figure it out. I silenced Goat for using the N word. He then kept changing his name. This is considered 'Dodging" because using name changes is dodging that punishment of being silenced. That is why Mittens banned him.

I am unsure of what else happened. I left the server in the midst of all of this.

Perhaps there is confusion because Goat and Mentula are on the same IP?

Possibly, apparently they live together and considering they played fully at the same time it's impossible they are the same person tho.

Also ok I thought goat was just gagged (no voice chat, but could type) Goat did do some racism stuff so it's warranted but I don't think his name changes were attempts to communicate. Maybe I'm misrembering them but I don't think any of his name changes were directed at anyone or anything rly.

Mentula

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
To clarify some things:
1) Thank you, Necrid, your input was greatly appreciated. Goat is a friend of mine and I am currently at his house, we don't live together lol.
2) I'm pretty much a regular on the server, and if you really want to go into my deep, dark, Skial history, you can see I change my name a ton regardless whether I'm silenced or not. Even when I'm allowed to freely voice my opinion over the mic, I'll change my name to however I feel, as Steam grants me this. I wasn't communicating with anyone. Now, if I changed my name to something like "Hey, Necrid, doesn't this suck?" I can understand because I'm directly trying to communicate with someone. "you can't ban freedom" is just a downright true statement that you may try to perceive as communication, but ultimately was directed at no one. Shoot, it's just true. Are you guys gonna start banning people for being true?
3) As far as the one month "adjustment" That's still unfair as it's my first ban (The other 2 were from connecting from goat's IP as I frequently go to his house) and for someone else who has 5 bans to get banned for 3 days for the same thing. Now, call me confused, but I just don't see the justice in this. Maybe it was just too early for videogames and you were just trying to make an example out of me?
4) And the last and most important part of all of this, aren't bans and silences for the preservation of the players of Skial servers' enjoyment? No votes were called, no one complained, nothing like that. So obviously, no one cared. I can understand if people were getting offended, uncomfortable, or complaining about our actions, but no one was. Obviously it wasn't to the point of severity where the community had to intervene. Why? THEY DIDN'T CARE BECAUSE IT DIDN'T AFFECT THEM. But bring the admins into play and all jolly fun and lightheartedness completely ebbs away to silences and bans. Shouldn't you guys be more focused on the guys actually causing distress and not people changing their names to their opinions? That's pretty darn petty, don't you think?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You changed your name repeatedly after being silenced for racism and were then kicked with the warning "don't change your name to communicate." The ban is for one month because your silence was for a week. Your next punishment will be permanent.

Reactions: LadyPimpernel
Status
Not open for further replies.