• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
I was just banned for a day for "vote abuse." I had just elected a vote for a player (JAKE FROM STATE FARM) that had not stopped spamming for the FIVE straight rounds on Payload. I was banned by gwor.

I was NOT vote abusing, it was my first vote called on that server today. Every single person on the server was asking the person to please be quiet, to stop chatting, to just playing the game, so I elected a vote.

My Steam ID is PunnyBunny (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989754266), and I was NOT abusing voting options, I was simply offering people the chance to get rid of a constant spammer.

maluce50

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Sorry for the problems but i have been banned from skial for abusing the use of the votemenu system:
http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/ind...rch=STEAM_0:0:36149556&advType=steamid&Submit

Just for doing a voteban for griefing
And here is why:

JAKE FROM STATE FARM : bs
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : bss
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : bbs
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : bs
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : scrable!
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !scrable
(EQUIPO) [MMS] Sarcasm : I just got here. D:
CA\ Unknown : scrabble
CA\ DeadHeadFred : !cabbage
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !srable seriouslt
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : sorry
Skippy : !Scrabble!
[MMS] Sarcasm : Dat spelling
CA\ DeadHeadFred : ERMEGERD
bfrizzz : !scrabble
CA\ DeadHeadFred : SERIOUSLT
CA\ DeadHeadFred : SCRABLE
^eViL^ DoNuT DARK SLAYER : lol
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Why is this not working?
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !scrable?
CA\ DeadHeadFred : !votedick
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Oh my bad
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !scrable!
*MUERTO* [MMS] Cadvahn : It's !scramble
*MUERTO* [MMS] Cadvahn : You retard
CA\ Unknown : !egg
*MUERTO* [MMS] Cadvahn : !fetus
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Yeah, !scrable
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : I'm so dumb
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !scrabmle
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Oh gosh
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !scrambel
CA\ DeadHeadFred : !votekick
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !SCRAMBEL
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : !SA-CRAM-BELL
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : WTF?
[MMS] Sarcasm : sacrebleu?
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : No idiot
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Is this server retarded?
*MUERTO*(EQUIPO) [MMS] Sarcasm : !scramble
Jumper The Bungee-Neer : you must be new here
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : I just got TF2
[MMS] Sarcasm : I'm new to this game.
[MMS] Sarcasm : What are unusuals?
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Why won't it?
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : I want to mix the teams?
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Why won't it
*MUERTO* Evil Zombie Gummy Bear : !votemenu
Evil Zombie Gummy Bear<431><STEAM_0:0:36149556><> started a vote.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
JAKE FROM STATE FARM : Wait, what?
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for No.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] No option won the vote (90 required, 60 received)

So its not supposed that is griefing? acording to wikipedia it is:
Spamming a chat channel to deliberately inconvenience other players.
and there is more... he was just in the back of the map doing nothing more... just like being afk but spamming.

(sorry for my english, but i like the skials servers :C )
If you want it i have the complete log. well this is awkward but i close team fortress my bad

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
I was just banned for attempting to get rid of the SAME spammer. UGH.

He's clearly spamming continually, not playing the game, and ruining it for everyone on the server. Can we PLEASE not be banned for attempting to get rid of players who are intentionally "playing dumb" (he ran around getting points while saying he needed a coach when I was on) and CONTINUALLY spamming the chat?

Reactions: maluce50

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
Like I said, he (JAKE FROM STATE FARM) was just pretending to be dumb (asking for a coach over and over, pretending to not know !commands), and as soon as people tried to get rid of him he reports them. It's stuff like this that makes me really, really frustrated.

Toxik

Contributor
Your case will be reviewed by an admin shortly.
Thank you for posting this and not redirecting your anger into calling us "fagz" and such, we appreciate the gesture

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor

I merged your appeals. He didn't report either of you, I was in the server already. I was the one asking you several times over why you were starting the votes and getting ignored. The spam didn't seem that bad to me, and he seemed more like a terrible player than a griefer to me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't see or hear me asking why you started the votes. You're both unbanned.

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
My bad for missing your comments, Gwor, it was difficult to see them past all of his. Thank you for the unban.

Just for future reference, is it NOT ok to !voteban someone for excessive chatbox spam? I thought that that was the purpose for the spam ban?

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
My bad for missing your comments, Gwor, it was difficult to see them past all of his. Thank you for the unban.

Just for future reference, is it NOT ok to !voteban someone for excessive chatbox spam? I thought that that was the purpose for the spam ban?
Normally that isn't invoked when someone just talks a lot but actually looks like they have something to say. From what I noticed while playing I thought the guy was just a dumbass. Looking at it all together in the chatlog, however, I think you're more likely right.

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
Alright, thanks for the clarification, didn't mean to cause any harm, was just tired of all the spam. How can I do the client mute/gag in the future?

maluce50

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I read you but as i say my written english is bad (and i should feel bad) and it takes pretty much time to make and answer like this, so if i doit i can't play and i like to play, i'm very sorry for that, and thank you.
i have the same question as punny bunny. oh its solved, thank you

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Client mute - Press the escape button, then click the ear icon next to resume game, then select their name. You guys don't have to apologize, I should have recognized what he was doing as spam myself.

Punny Bunny

Mildly Menacing Medic
Client mute - Press the escape button, then click the ear icon next to resume game, then select their name. You guys don't have to apologize, I should have recognized what he was doing as spam myself.

Ah, I knew about the game client's mute ability, I thought you meant there was a client-side Skial ability. The TF2-client mute ability only mutes voice, though, correct? I suppose there's no way to do a client-side gag for text spam.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Ah, I knew about the game client's mute ability, I thought you meant there was a client-side Skial ability. The TF2-client mute ability only mutes voice, though, correct? I suppose there's no way to do a client-side gag for text spam.

Client mute does both a mute and a gag. You cannot hear them talk or see them type.