BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Trade has a couple issues that's been going on since before the start of this year alone. I'm gonna address some to see if they can actually be sorted out, considering Bottinger himself clearly states how Trade is for Trade.

First off, !BP does NOT work. It's incredibly handy, but whenever you type it in it just says its fetching prices and never progresses beyond that. Either update it to work or remove it.

Secondly, it's a trade server right? The only good !items does is let you piss about and not bother with trading. Why bother when you can just give it to yourself and play on the server.

If we're going to keep !items purely for checking loadouts and such, as I presume the reason its there for, then can we have some form of leniency for funny mic spam? I'm not talking DJing or loud noises, I'm talking about the occasional fart or reaction noise. Either the trade server is purely for trading, or it's not.
I feel like this alone could help free up admin resources to more important matters like racism and ear rape. If not, could we possibly trial funny hour or something? Itd be a good way for people to goof around on mic, on the context it's reasonable noise.

Third, idling. It's not the idle server, it's the trade server. Especially with the recent engie land issue, where people will just break out of map to do absolutely fuck all. At least killing people is technically trading their soul for your bullet or rocket.

If theres any other suggestions leave them below, but I'm pretty unsure any of this will be considered.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
I'm not bringing up map issues as from what I've read Jerma has little time to work on it anymore, so if you think you can just shit suggestions for that sorta thing right now, dont even bother asking me to back you on them. There are a lot of things I'd like, but they cant be done if the OG map makers unable to work on it.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Now Trade engie land has been compromised

Can we please get some consideration here, thanks

At least for the love of God fix !bp, it's so got damn useful for a trade server

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Grand, will do, but please also see what can be done with !BP at the very least, you really dont know how handy it is

Unless it's just so outdated at this point its practically busted, in which case I'd likely look for replacements to suggest

Bottiger

Administrator
I just went on the server and there was nothing wrong with !bp. It just took 10 extra seconds to load because the website backpack.tf was under attack. There's nothing we can do about if the website is slow. As far as I know most people prefer that website much more than any other backpack viewers.

We also tried removing the items plugin on the server and it just resulted in fewer players. I know the reasoning people have for removing it from the server, but it just doesn't seem to help and in fact seems to hurt the server.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Whoa whoa, hold up, BP works?

Since when?

Its always just said "fetching prices" and that's all. Even if I type the same thing in a minute or two later, itll say the same thing.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
I'm a fucking dingus

The minute I saw the backpack.tf motd pop up I realised I was thinking of !PC that was broken, not !BP, my apologies

Is there a way to get !pc up to date or is the add on completely outdated?

So sorry Bottinger if I've messed you around like this

Bottiger

Administrator
It seems to be broken but I doubt many people use it anyway. I will just make !pc go to the backpack.tf pricecheck page.

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
Thatd work just as well, thank you

I'm going to ask whilst I have you here now

Can we possibly come to some sort of compromise with sound boards for trade? I can cook up numerous possible suggestions, but if its genuinely a case of "itd never work/has disrupted the server in the past" then I'll try not to bother again.

I'm only asking because
1) its gonna save admins time and effort towards friendly banter
2) less people complaining cos they played a funny sound more than once
3) A LOT of people I come across usually just !ignore or enjoy the content some other people put out

More often than not it can really liven the mood up and people do tend to let you know if they're not enjoying it too, so I'm hoping to gain some middle ground for that alone. I'd still expect trade talk to prioritise any other chat though.

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe