Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have been here for a little while and figured I could introduce myself properly.

Sex: Not as much as I would like :P
Job: Sales Mercedes of Tampa

I was born and raised in a small town in Iowa (Madrid) population 847. Graduated early and joined the Navy. Was a 50 cal. gunner for a fast attack unit while in the field and armory custodian while on base. Was medically discharged due to injuries from a I.E.D. Lost a couple of great friends and am still trying to shake the memories.

I am somewhat of a joker, smoker and a midnight toker. Gaming helps get me away from the everyday craziness. Other fun things I do is hunt, fish, boat and take my German Shepherd to the dog park/beach.

This is my dull life but figured as much as I lurk the forums I would let you all know a bit about myself.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this Community and have enjoyed meeting/gaming with a few of you.

Now flame on :P

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Yes thanks for serving.
You also are quite possibly the oldest person here.
:D

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Thank you for your service.
Welcome to Skial.
My (Uncle? 1st cousin once removed?) lost his legs to an IED in Iraq; so I hope your injuries weren't super-bad.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thank you for your service.
Welcome to Skial.
My (Uncle? 1st cousin once removed?) lost his legs to an IED in Iraq; so I hope your injuries weren't super-bad.

My left leg is serviceable at best, lost 60% of my hearing and head injury that lingers. The PTSD is what affects me the most. I was lucky compared to my buddies and others that have been hit. I was also lucky to have a great medical staff that put me back together as good as possible. In hindsight it could have been much worse.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yeah I was with a Fast attack gunner for a diver retrieval group. Was also on a command in Iraq for the Seabees. We were hit taking supplies in to Khafji. I was a Gunners Mate Guns 2nd Class when I was discharged. I would have never thought I would be on land when I joined the Navy but jumped at the chance to be off the ships as much as possible.