Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Hello, I am an active user on LA Goldrush and have over 900 hours on that server; and in skial as-well. I am a constant regular. First of all, this is NOT my account, and this is my friends. To my attention, he has been banned for "exploiting" on a specific stage of Goldrush. This specific exploit is in fact not an exploit, but rather a cool technique that has been on that stage for well over 4 years. I, and as well as my friends has NO idea that was an exploit, but in fact a cool technique to stop the offending team (Blue) to stop pushing on the right side. I'm pretty sure he did something like this.

People say it's unfair, and silly, but it's very easy to take down with a few stickies. After it's taken down, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to put it back up due to the amount of time it takes, and the constant pressure. I'd like to bring up that this specific spot was here for YEARS, and nothing has been done about it. The same with this video, many people thought it was an "exploit", but it was not.

Call if whatever you want, a SECRET spot, BLIND spot. NOT a exploit.

This is the same scenario with the sentry spot SSBM got banned for, it's just unfair because he was not warned at all either. He just got banned. I used both sentry spot (the ones in the videos) for years (4 years and counting) and nothing has been done. Both of the videos are similar spots due to how hard it is in getting a sentry up there, and risk come reward. If the first video is considered an "Exploit" then the second one should be considered an exploit to, due to it being a un-readable location. However, this is very un-relevant due to being that it is not an exploit, this is actually a real sentry spot. I've done it for years and it's very easy to take down. Even a sniper can take it down. I am asking you as a person who cares about Skial servers, please remove this "one day ban" from SSBM's ban list because he does not deserve it at all. This sentry spot has been there for years and years, and even if it's considered a exploit, how comes the second video was not considered an exploit"

I found about this after **** told me and I was shocked because I am sure Valve meant to put that spot there for interesting tactics, just like the second video. People argue it's hard to get up there and it's unfair, but if you know how to wrangle a sentry, it's easy to get up there without a doubt. You could get into lots of other places also. I thank you for reading this.

Not good with English bear in mind.

This is the thread he has been banned on.

https://www.skial.com/threads/ssbm-tundra-exploiting.64294/

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
You are funny. You clipped through the map to the point where you can see missing textures and you think it isn't an exploit? Why does it matter if 2 other classes can get there too? What about every other class?

If you can place a sentry that a spy cannot walk up to and sap, it is an exploit. Do you really think Valve would allow you to completely bypass the class that is supposed to counter engineers if you have 1 specific item?

You cannot use the excuse that Valve didn't patch it so it is not an exploit. This upward teletrap spot went unfixed for five years and two years after a public youtube video was posted.

Reactions: RMSniper

Fairnessplease

What about the attic, can I wrangle up there? Is that an exploit, a spy can still sap it and take it down.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I have no idea what the "attic" is. If you are referring to the 2nd video, then yes that is an exploit too, but it is so easy to kill that no one would complain about it. Seems way easier to kill than the spot in the first video.

Fairnessplease

I'm talking about this video. Almost all the regs on the server that I am on use this attic, and no one complains because it's so easy to take down. You don't even need to wrangle up there, if you make the jump right. But usually people wrangle up there. A spy can sap it, anyone can take it down naturally.

Bottiger

Administrator
Why would that be an exploit? Anyone can walk up there normally. It is nothing like the other 2 videos you posted.

Fairnessplease

Oh well, thankfully I took advantage of that spot for 4 years and I didn't get one ban for it. Well, at least I'm burned out of this spot. Got all the reactions I needed and cool thing I was known for using the shit out of this spot. Very shocked I have not been caught yet, but I'm laughing in the inside. Got 7 more spots though so I could care less.

Bunch of ugly ass people in this thread so I don't need to argue with them, knowing that their worthless thinking they have authority over a dumb ass spot like this; so sensitive. Peace out, and Happy New years. Catch me on Goldrush.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
If no one cared then we don't care if you "exploited" 100 spots.

It is funny you have so much outrage for a 1 day ban that wasn't even done to you. And trying to say that you can't get to the "attic" without wrangler when anyone can do it without even rocket jumping.