Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Hello, I am an active user on LA Goldrush and have over 900 hours on that server; and in skial as-well. I am a constant regular. First of all, this is NOT my account, and this is my friends. To my attention, he has been banned for "exploiting" on a specific stage of Goldrush. This specific exploit is in fact not an exploit, but rather a cool technique that has been on that stage for well over 4 years. I, and as well as my friends has NO idea that was an exploit, but in fact a cool technique to stop the offending team (Blue) to stop pushing on the right side. I'm pretty sure he did something like this.

People say it's unfair, and silly, but it's very easy to take down with a few stickies. After it's taken down, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to put it back up due to the amount of time it takes, and the constant pressure. I'd like to bring up that this specific spot was here for YEARS, and nothing has been done about it. The same with this video, many people thought it was an "exploit", but it was not.

Call if whatever you want, a SECRET spot, BLIND spot. NOT a exploit.

This is the same scenario with the sentry spot SSBM got banned for, it's just unfair because he was not warned at all either. He just got banned. I used both sentry spot (the ones in the videos) for years (4 years and counting) and nothing has been done. Both of the videos are similar spots due to how hard it is in getting a sentry up there, and risk come reward. If the first video is considered an "Exploit" then the second one should be considered an exploit to, due to it being a un-readable location. However, this is very un-relevant due to being that it is not an exploit, this is actually a real sentry spot. I've done it for years and it's very easy to take down. Even a sniper can take it down. I am asking you as a person who cares about Skial servers, please remove this "one day ban" from SSBM's ban list because he does not deserve it at all. This sentry spot has been there for years and years, and even if it's considered a exploit, how comes the second video was not considered an exploit"

I found about this after **** told me and I was shocked because I am sure Valve meant to put that spot there for interesting tactics, just like the second video. People argue it's hard to get up there and it's unfair, but if you know how to wrangle a sentry, it's easy to get up there without a doubt. You could get into lots of other places also. I thank you for reading this.

Not good with English bear in mind.

This is the thread he has been banned on.

https://www.skial.com/threads/ssbm-tundra-exploiting.64294/

Last edited:

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
you're forgetting the fact that the wrangler nor a rescue ranger isn't required for the second spot while it is for the first spot does. Goldrush was released in 2008 while the wrangler came out in 2010 and the rescue ranger in 2012, two years for the wrangler and four years for the rescue ranger later of the map release date. So the second spot might have been intended or not, nobody knows but the first spot was only made possible because of a weapon that was released two and four years later of the map release date and that spot was clearly not intended for sentries since it requires weapon that wasn't even in the game during it's release date. Also valve barely fix their game unless they get a huge complaint about it, even then sometimes they ignore it. look at csgo hitboxs or tf2 flame through the gate.

Fairnessplease

I don't know how to quote, I am responding to Silver Ag. Who and what determines what is an exploit, because an exploit is something that can't be stopped or people have a hard time taking it down, if not impossible. I agree to a certain extent that teleported traps that trap friendlies on purpose is considered an exploit, because no one can take it down. However the first video shows that the sentry can be taken down with proper tactics. Take the engineer down, take the sentry down. My point for the second video was that even though you don't need to wrangle up there, you still can. An exploit is something that can't be taken down, impossible. Not only that, but it disrupts either the friendly side/ opposing side with NO KNOWN TACTICS. For example, a spy in a spawn. No way to stop it, and it's clear an exploit. Or a teleporter trap that intends to trap enemies, that's an exploit because it can be taken down. However a sentry in a spot that can be attacked or taken down is not an exploit. Just because it's in that place does not make it a exploit, but a BLIND spot.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I highly doubt Valve intended that to be a legit spot to build.

What ever the case is, when you're playing on a community server you have to follow the rules. If we feel the spot is a exploit spot, then it's considered a exploit spot on Skial and you're not allowed to use it here whether you disagree with it or not.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't know how to quote, I am responding to Silver Ag. Who and what determines what is an exploit, because an exploit is something that can't be stopped or people have a hard time taking it down, if not impossible. I agree to a certain extent that teleported traps that trap friendlies on purpose is considered an exploit, because no one can take it down. However the first video shows that the sentry can be taken down with proper tactics. Take the engineer down, take the sentry down. My point for the second video was that even though you don't need to wrangle up there, you still can. An exploit is something that can't be taken down, impossible. Not only that, but it disrupts either the friendly side/ opposing side with NO KNOWN TACTICS. For example, a spy in a spawn. No way to stop it, and it's clear an exploit. Or a teleporter trap that intends to trap enemies, that's an exploit because it can be taken down. However a sentry in a spot that can be attacked or taken down is not an exploit. Just because it's in that place does not make it a exploit, but a BLIND spot.
no, an exploit is something that was not put in with intent and someone using it for their advantage or to cause grief. Just because it can be destroyed doesn't mean it's not an exploit. Goldrush was not made with those two weapon in mind hence the combination of those two allows sentries to be built onto strange spots that wasn't intended with goldrush release.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I always thought that an "exploit spot" was somewhere that you shouldn't be able to access by any means. I.e building in the sky box or building underneath the map due to a glitch.

If you can get up on a certain spot in the map through the use of a wrangler and a rescue ranger, then why should that be considered an exploit? I can spawn camp on the opposite team's battlement divider through the use of that, but it isn't really an exploit even though 2fort has been around since launch and again, neither the wrangler nor the rescue ranger were created.

Creative sentry spots are a great way to get a jump on the enemy team, it really shouldn't be punishable by a ban just because it's seen to be a strange technique.

Reactions: Fairnessplease

Fairnessplease

Blake D_Hero, I was trying to say something along the lines of this.

In response to the other post by Ag, I think you are getting confused from Blind spots and Exploits.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I always thought that an "exploit spot" was somewhere that you shouldn't be able to access by any means. I.e building in the sky box or building underneath the map due to a glitch.

If you can get up on a certain spot in the map through the use of a wrangler and a rescue ranger, then why should that be considered an exploit? I can spawn camp on the opposite team's battlement divider through the use of that, but it isn't really an exploit even though 2fort has been around since launch and again, neither the wrangler nor the rescue ranger were created.

Creative sentry spots are a great way to get a jump on the enemy team, it really shouldn't be punishable by a ban just because it's seen to be a strange technique.
Exploit spot are not only achieved because of a glitch, glitch and exploit are also two different things. An exploit spot is getting somewhere using the items or the environment you have to reach somewhere you shouldn't be to begin with. IE that sentry spot clearly doesn't look like it belongs, why the hell would you be allowed to place a sentry in a spot that is able to shoot through the wall, or in this case the pipe. That pipe doesn't have any physical property because it was intended for demo and soldier to be able to jump pass that, not to allow a sentry to get up there and shoot through it. There are some rare occasion in which a glitch has lead someone into some spot which should be impossible, but those cannot be recreated easily unlike this one.

Fairnessplease

Silver Ag, if you ever seen this spot first hand, you know that pipe is useless. You can literally go through it as any jumping class. That pipe is worthless because you can go through it, the solider and demoman example are not relevant simple because they don't need to worry about that pipe. In my opinion this is a blind spot, not an exploit. Also, in regards, you stated that the sentry is shooting through walls. It is not, if you take a closer look, the sentry CLEARLY has a open gap to shoot, hence that's the reason why it's so easy to take down. There is no wall blocking the sentry at all.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
In my opinion, the spot used in the demo (the spot in the first example video) is an exploit. Honestly, look at the position. That pipe should have a collision box, and it shouldn't be possible to place a sentry there. Just because it is accessible doesn't mean it's not an exploit spot. In fact, that is exactly what an exploit spot is. A clearly unintentional or overlooked spot that can be accessed without hacking. The spot may not be unfair, but it's obviously unintentional and exploit-y. Since it's questionable, I think the very short temp ban is 100% justifiable.

Fairnessplease

Just because it's accessible does not mean it is or is not an exploit map. You said yourself it's exploit-y, but it's not really an official exploit itself, it's a blind spot. Secret Spot. Just because new items are introduced and all of a suddenly someone finds ONE spot that deems to be a CLEAR VIEW of that sentry, people yell at exploit. That's pretty silly. Whatever the hell you want to call it, but definitely not an exploit. What if a solider went up there? Is he exploiting because he is in that cubby? Or a Demoman? Scout? You can easily take it/him/her down because there is a clear view. No different from an engineer. At this point I could care less, I will continue to use this spot. Some over-ass sensitive people who can't control their emotions in this community/server; 4 years and still counting using this spot, not one ban. Done with the thread, Happy New years. :)

Catch me in goldrush you'll probably get to see my in action using this spot, and how easy it's to take down.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Some over-ass sensitive people who can't control their emotions
Open your eyes dude. You are sentry jumping and clipping through a pipe onto an invisible ledge to place a sentry through to an empty room at the highest point on the map. It can be unfair or 100% balanced. It doesn't matter. It is obviously unintentional and an exploit. Sorry that you can't come to terms with your friend's one day temp ban. Happy new years. *<:^)

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's an exploit by definition, as the map was clearly not designed with those spots being part of the game.

Fairnessplease

I'm a little late to this thread, my last post will be simple. That first spot is not the only one that you can wrangle up there to the spot, there are several more. What about the Goldrush Sniper attic? The only way to get up there is with the wrangler, is that all of a suddenly 100% exploit? What about the attic on stage 2 of the goldrush, the only way to get up there is with the wrangler. Is that an exploit? This is no different than the cubby in the first video. This is an example of the video. NOTE THAT YOU CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE, BUT WITH THE WRANGLER is it still possible to go up there. Exploit?

What about the attic on the second stage, is that an exploit because the only way up there is with the wrangler? There is also another spot on Goldrush. All of these were not intended without the wrangler, yet they are still popular. This is the same mentality/scenario with the first map on the video.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm a little late to this thread, my last post will be simple. That first spot is not the only one that you can wrangle up there to the spot, there are several more. What about the Goldrush Sniper attic? The only way to get up there is with the wrangler, is that all of a suddenly 100% exploit? What about the attic on stage 2 of the goldrush, the only way to get up there is with the wrangler. Is that an exploit? This is no different than the cubby in the first video. This is an example of the video. NOTE THAT YOU CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE, BUT WITH THE WRANGLER is it still possible to go up there. Exploit?

What about the attic on the second stage, is that an exploit because the only way up there is with the wrangler? There is also another spot on Goldrush. All of these were not intended without the wrangler, yet they are still popular. This is the same mentality/scenario with the first map on the video.
Yes

Fairnessplease

If you honestly think that's an exploit, then I don't know what to say. People are getting confused with Exploit, cool spots, blind spots, etc... Well, I can't change the mentality of the people. Come to the Goldrush server, and you'd see at least one regular of your own people using that specific spot because it's popular. It's absolutely silly for people to get banned for that spot, used for years, but whatever. What pity.

What if a solider goes up in the attic? Is it exploiting? Demoman? The logic does not make sense to me.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I disagree. I don't think you see what we are saying.

Other people CAN reach all those spots you mentioned; whereas, no one else can reach that pipe window spot EXCEPT a wrangling engineer (AND wrangle came after the map was created).

Fairnessplease

You think it's an exploit because an engineer can go up there with a cool technique, whereas the solider can solider jump also? The solider jumping is a cool technique, as well as engineer wrangling. And this argument is about the attic, not the pipe. Re-read what I said. A solider jumping into the first spot is possible also. Also, if you bothered to read the rest of the posts, our other argument was whether or not wrangling into the attic was considered an "exploit" and some admins say it was.

Last edited: