Lead

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm fairly new, as you can tell. I've been playing on your TF2 2fort server for a week now and I have noticed an obscene amount of abuse with the vote system. For example, one stray comment will lead to a simple misunderstanding being turned into someone getting ganged up on, gagged, and then bullied while gagged by the offended party. Now, I am all in favor of the vote system, because I understand that the admins can't be everywhere at once and there needs to be structure. I am proposing a waiting period for vote system use. Lets say, 24 accumulated hours on the server, or something along those lines. The purpose would be to root out serious players from trolls that don't care who's experience they may be ruining by voting 'Yes' or 'No'.

Reactions: DrRuelel

Lead

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am not sure. It is on my favorites list. I can look it up in a moment.

Edit: skial.com | 2FORT | NY 1

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Wouldn't do anything; new people or old people will always vote randomly. Would be good if votes were somehow not anonymous, but that would potentially lead to amazing amounts of shitstorms.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Beyond the basic time restrictions we have to prevent flooding, I think we shouldn't really prevent any newer players from starting votes since I think a lot of the times they are legit and we don't want to prevent that and them getting frustrated and leaving the server because we put an arbitrary rule in place about it.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I still prefer how Valve servers use F1, F2, F3, etc for votes. On Skial I will inadvertently vote if I am on spy or engie and switching weapons during a vote.

Reactions: apizzaalready

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Wouldn't do anything; new people or old people will always vote randomly. Would be good if votes were somehow not anonymous, but that would potentially lead to amazing amounts of shitstorms.

Voting isn't anonymous. It shows who starts the vote and the steam ID of the person when the vote starts.