• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Could you make a Mac Guide? lol

Don't know much about macs in general but the basics are the same.
Use a graphical configuration file to drastically lower graphical detail (I recommend Chris' configs)
Have as little as possible running when running TF2.

TF2 performance in macs is a lot less optimised than in windows so don't except as much as a FPS boost if you are comparing your mac specs to a windows machine with the same specs.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I have also a i5 second gen. DELL PC and it runs great on highest options (Especially with custom HUD) but every 10 minutes there is about a sec of frame rate drop where it lags me back to where I was a few seconds ago, I also ways acidently click no to turn off is the visual effects (ex: the bar at the where the start button is and etc.) so its the def. color and etc. Disabling the using background crap and etc. helps run you TF2 greatly!

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I am considering trying to get TF2 running on my laptop for when I go out of town for Thanksgiving. It is only a couple years old but it is not a 'gaming' laptop by any means. So I am anticipating using Chris' Maxframes.

I installed TF2 today to it and it automatically made it match the settings of my desktop. My hidden gun script for spy was there etc. My net_graph was displayed. Everything was like my desktop.The desktop settings carried over to the laptop.

So question is, if I changing configs for the laptop, will that change the settings of my desktop TF2? I don't want/need maxframes on my desktop and I don't want to screw up the configs.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I am considering trying to get TF2 running on my laptop for when I go out of town for Thanksgiving. It is only a couple years old but it is not a 'gaming' laptop by any means. So I am anticipating using Chris' Maxframes.

I installed TF2 today to it and it automatically made it match the settings of my desktop. My hidden gun script for spy was there etc. My net_graph was displayed. Everything was like my desktop.The desktop settings carried over to the laptop.

So question is, if I changing configs for the laptop, will that change the settings of my desktop TF2? I don't want/need maxframes on my desktop and I don't want to screw up the configs.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think the dx level carries over or anything, because i logged onto the computer at my dads house and had dx9 and normal tf2 (besides scripts). I think it'll only change if you have mat_dxlevel 80 in autoexec

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think the dx level carries over or anything, because i logged onto the computer at my dads house and had dx9 and normal tf2 (besides scripts). I think it'll only change if you have mat_dxlevel 80 in autoexec
or just put -dxlevel 81 into your launch options then remove it after you load tf2.
no need to put mat_dxlevel in your autoexec at all

Supern0va

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Don't mean to bump but thanks for your thread. Good write. +1
I came here from looking for a free software to record games. I found this Hypercam by hyperionics.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
As long as we're on the topic of fraps and smooth gameplay, are there any drawbacks to recording a demo, then afterwards launching fraps and playing back the demo so you don't have to deal with terrible FPS while actually playing? Besides the extra steps, of course.

Supern0va

Scarcely Lethal Noob
yeah but Fraps isn't free right ?
idk, i havent tried that daivd, but if u use that tf2mate link in first thread, it smoothens a lot. i think you can just record as you play. your idea is good too

yoo

Unremarkable User
How do you make the crosshairs be not terrible? It makes you switch between all the different crosshairs before you can change weapons. Seriously who thought that was a good idea?