TEhMAn92

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
While he may have helped the situation, he's not the sole reason why keys have been going up in price. If it wasn't for the "buying for x, selling for x+1" traders being successful, his suggestions would've never even been considered, but alas they had buyers
Not to mention metal no longer has a useful purpose, want a hat? why trouble yourself with random chance and trade for one you want

Personally, i'd like to see metal being able to craft or buy certain one time use items (that aren't keys), such as nametags and surplus vouchers. It would also help if drop rates had a bit of a decrease, especially crates

But until then, there's no reason keys will go down in price anytime soon, so long as there are people who buy those keys at higher prices

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
Who the fuck is Long218? Sounds like one of those obnoxious trader-fags.

TEhMAn92

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Who the fuck is Long218? Sounds like one of those obnoxious trader-fags.
In a nutshell, he's the guy who's been making those higher key price suggestions on backpack, with the intention of getting them as high as possible as he would proudly flaunt, and got them approved, all while being a complete douchebag to everyone around him

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
Fuck that guy I Need to buy keys before people try to sell them for two dollars each on sourceforums

Santa Bunny

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Keys will still go up. .... It's simply because metal is being pumped into TF2 every day ...
I see the logic with this. However, if that was the only reason, something that used to sell for 3 should go up as well. All fathers or Team Captains have not increased in ref value.

Why do sites like spreadsheet and backpack.tf get so much power and entitlement over the pricing, when they are so easily abused?

"A chain is only as strong as is weakest link"
I had no idea people trusted sites like these so blindly, how could one have a healthy economy when dominant sites like these gives the abusive privilege to anyone to change the pricing to their liking?

Man, this economy is so fucking weird.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Why do sites like spreadsheet and backpack.tf get so much power and entitlement over the pricing, when they are so easily abused?

I had no idea people trusted sites like these so blindly, how could one have a healthy economy when dominant sites like these gives the abusive privilege to anyone to change the pricing to their liking?

Everyone uses backpack.tf because they're too lazy to come up with their own prices, or that they don't want to underprice something, so they overprice it. Then people take the fact that they sold it at a higher price and bump it accordingly.

And yes, this TF2 economy is fucked. Get the shit you want, and get out (Like me)

Wrath

Positively Inhumane Poster
In a nutshell, he's the guy who's been making those higher key price suggestions on backpack, with the intention of getting them as high as possible as he would proudly flaunt, and got them approved, all while being a complete douchebag to everyone around him
Destroy that man.
Fuck that guy I Need to buy keys before people try to sell them for two dollars each on sourceforums
I thought we were there already? There are a couple of traders selling for $2.10.
I see the logic with this. However, if that was the only reason, something that used to sell for 3 should go up as well. All fathers or Team Captains have not increased in ref value.
Check the guy's 'alts'...hell, his main account, has no game hours played...this guy's in it for the moneh.
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198042823837
Even at the expense of others.

What I don't get, is why backpack.tf hasn't been subject to the nerd's rage of being 'corrupt' or unfair, whereas Spreadsheet fell once that Potato turd put something on a place that all the idiots in the internet go to. (Which is funny, if this single user is responsible for the key prices, he's certainly not on good terms with Reddit...)
Everyone uses backpack.tf because they're too lazy to come up with their own prices, or that they don't want to underprice something, so they overprice it. Then people take the fact that they sold it at a higher price and bump it accordingly.

And yes, this TF2 economy is fucked. Get the shit you want, and get out (Like me)
I don't like trading, I got into it because I found it fun, and ended up creating a list of things I could possibly want to get in the future.

Now, I think I'll have to take my composition outside and burn it. This economy is out of control. (I rage-quit from helping trades...:lol: .)