• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

DANNY

Unremarkable User
So, I was on a trade server the other day. I was messaged by someone of the name "They call me Adrian" that they were quitting Team Fortress 2 for another game, and they wanted to give there items away to players, or "the community". I said, sure. So, this person added me into a group of people, describing that whoever wins this "game" (Which is you must offer and trade items to the person giving away the item, and whoever offers the most wins.) will get their buds and Bill's hat. I was invited into group chat, with a few others. The names were "They Call me Adrian", "Petar", and someone else who I cannot remember. I then predicted it was a scam, but they all pretended that they were not familliar with one another, although I was supsicious since these people only had around 10-20 hours on TF2, yet had some of the rarest in game items. Eventually, all the others traded there items, which "Adrian" traded back. I thought, I should trade an item I wouldn't mind losing, just in case. I traded my Vintage Tyrolean, and Stahlhelm to the person, which he/she gave back to me afterwards. Then they played along with the trade, and the offers that the other people offered hightened up to 11 keys according to the person offering the items in the chat. I agreed I could best that price, and offered some items. The person then said they would not take my items, and I gave them around 8 items (Tossle cap, Capo's capper, stahlhelm crafted by me, and MANY more). The other person involved in the game, then "offered" a bit more, and I agreed to best that price. I knew that this must be a scam, and in order to uncover it I would have to offer things to make sure. I then offered them my Rogues col roule with Green paint, a modest pile of hat, and medic mask, plus around 4 other items. Once "They call me Adrian" recieved these items, I was kicked from the Steam group chat, and then ignored me. I then went on "Adrian's" profile (presuming it must be an alternate account to reassure that if they got banned they wouldn't be caught) and found one of his/her friends online from the friends list. I told this friend that I had been scammed by them, and they then told me that the people that traded me are a bunch of group scammers, and have a GUIDELINE and WEBSITE for there scamming group. The "friend" told me that he was invited into the scamming group on steam, which he declined, but was made a member on the site. He also emailed me an attachment that the leader of the group had sent him, regarding the "RULES" of how to scam people. The site also MENTIONS ALL OF THE ACCOUNT NAMES and how much they have taken from people.

DANNY

Unremarkable User
I'm not trolling, I just want my items back, and these guys banned so they don't take anything in the future.

JosieWoman125

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Was going to say TL:DR but I read it.
I took this advice. Don't trust anyone at all.
Bottiger will get to it and ban the scammer.

Bottiger

Administrator
The site has generic names with no steamids.

You were not scammed on our server so we have no logs.

We can't help you.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Here's a Protip guy: DON'T FUCKING GIVE UP ALL YOUR SHIT LIKE THAT, THEN COME WAAAAH TO US AND CRY FOR YOUR STUFF BACK, YOU FUCKTARD!...Okay...I'm better...That was the most Fucktarded TL;DR Paragraph ever.

Reactions: KinCryos and Toxik

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If you knew they were scammers why did you trade items to them?

You knew the cake was a lie, there are no free earbuds in the game.

DANNY

Unremarkable User
ViperStriker, that comment is really rude. It bugs me how I go to post something that might seem relevantly helpful, and I get f***ing jerks like yourself commenting instead of any help.

Reactions: pkobalt

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
ViperStriker, that comment is really rude. It bugs me how I go to post something that might seem relevantly helpful, and I get f***ing jerks like yourself commenting instead of any help.
How do you expect us to help? Noobs all get scammed. Next time you don't get scammed anymore because you learned form this experience. Nobody can give you your items back and nobody can do anything about it.
If you have a bad feeling about something don't do it. How do the English say? Trust your guts. If the gutfeeling tells you this is could be a scam don't do it.
Tip: Don't trade 2 bills for 1 mad milk(instead of buds). This happens quite often.

Reactions: ViperStriker2011

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
All I can say to that comment is this...
lolumadbro? yea,umad.

StemsAndSeeds

Truly Feared Pyro
In my opinion you deserved to be scammed. you had a gut feeling it was a scam but continued. and now you expect sympathy. THERE IS NOTHING GIVEN FOR FREE IN LIFE OR ON VIDEO GAMES. well i take that back, direwulf gave me herpes.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
In my opinion you deserved to be scammed. you had a gut feeling it was a scam but continued. and now you expect sympathy. THERE IS NOTHING GIVEN FOR FREE IN LIFE OR ON VIDEO GAMES. well i take that back, direwulf gave me herpes.
Stems, I could have sworn you were leaving the forums.
Getoutsign.jpg