BigChapAlien

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
2 Natascha Heavies firing on HHH, who iirc has the most knockback resistances of all the Hales, completely stops him in his tracks. I tried to play him and the two Natascha Heavies made it almost impossible to get in. I had to bet my luck on the gimmicky teleport + rage combo because there was no way to approach them otherwise. Who thought giving any one class this much knockback would be a good idea when knockback is so commonly cited as the thing that butchers Hale.

I watched a Vagineer try to do weighdown and the 4 Natascha Heavies kept him from falling to the ground for a solid couple of seconds and flung him all around the map. Remeber, this is while he was using weighdown.

Just for a video, I asked RED team to just have a bunch of Natascha Heavies. Here is the result: a match that is a minute and twelve seconds long against Easter Bunny. In this match, only 9 people are killed. Only 4 of them were without rage bombs, only 3 of them were without rage, and only 2 of them were Heavies - 1 with rage and 1 without rage. You can watch it here:

I made another brief video showing a group of Natascha Heavies completely immobilizing Christian Brutal Sniper with no fear of the Huntsman:

I love playing Heavy, he's my favorite class, but this is the EXACT problem that made pre-nerf Sniper way too powerful. Jumping doesn't work, and walking forward certainly doesn't work. What's Hale supposed to do here? Just save Rage for Natascha Heavy? As though there aren't a ton of other things worthy of rage. I can't imagine Natascha with crits holed up somewhere Hale has to jump.

If I may, how much playtesting is done for these potential nerfs and buffs? Don't you think massive knockback would be more fitting on one of Heavy's melee weapons instead of a minigun? Let Heavies use the Fists of Steel and give the huge knockback to those - that would make the risk of getting 1 shot as a Heavy while using them worth it since you can shove Hale far away.

Edit: Oh, also as a Heavy main, I feel I am trustworthy in pointing out that given the Natascha has the same mobility as the stock minigun, has the damage resistance buff on second hit that the Brass Beast has, and has more knockback than either weapon, there is quite literally no reason not to run the Natascha over any other Minigun.

Last edited:

jake.

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
looks balanced to me. like all things should be.

I thought we wanted 100% win rate

Bottiger

Administrator
I think the issue here is natascha slowdown and not the knockback. Natascha should already be removed, I don't know if it was fixed before or after this video was made.