TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Hi there!

Some of you would like to have their own trade bot but are too lazy to program one (or don't know how to).
So I decided to come up a "Bot Shop". That's right, you can now get your own customized trading bot (and by that, it's completely yours for quite cheap.

You will be the bot account's holder, so there are no security risks at all.
I will never ask for its password.

For prices start by selecting the relative price from each category and adding it.
One-time payment, and it's all yours.

PS: The bot is linked to one account to prevent reselling.
If you'd like it to be available for more we can figure it out in private (I will need the bot's usernames).

You will be able to test the bot before proceeding with the payment.

Requirements:
  • A separate steam account. Preferably tf2 premium.
  • A computer that will run the bot (which needs to stay running for as long as you want the bot to run). For no downtime you might want to buy a cheap virtual server.
  • Windows OS. Linux is possible but quite complicated. I don't guarantee they work on Linux.
Types of bots: Select only one Includes basic features.
  • 1-1 item bot. Bot buys and sells any single item for configurable prices. (Ex: Key/TOD/Scrap/Minigame/any specific item banking) 1 key 4 ref RECOMMENDED
  • Pool buying/selling: Bot will either buy or sell a pool of items for or with any other item. 5 ref base price + 1 ref per item.
  • Complex bot: Buy and sell (at the same time) up to 5 different items for and with the same item (metal for example). (Ex: Bot that buys and sells 5 types of paints for metal.) Base price: 1 key 4 ref + 1 ref per item to buy/sell.
  • For anything else feel free to add me and see if it can be done.
Basic Things:
  1. Stock command: Bot will reply with its item stock without having to check its inventory manually.
  2. Status reflection: Bot is 'Looking to Trade' when available and 'Busy' when not.
  3. Extended admin commands: Selected bot admins can cancel trades, run games through the bot, and more.
  4. Basic trading functionality.
  5. Final Trade Verification: To prevent exploit, the bot will re-calculate all items put up to ensure the trade is correct.
  6. Easily change prices from the bot's external settings. Those aren't hardcoded for your convenience.
Recommended Features:
  • Block list: Scammer trading with your bot? Or don't want a certain Joe to be able to use it? You can now have your own block list. Users will be unable to interact with the bot. 1 ref
  • Donations: Wouldn't it be cool to enable your bot to accept donations? You now can with this donation feature! It's also useful for restocking your bot instead of manually trading through trade offers. 1 ref
  • Stock Limits: Bot will refuse an item if it is overstocked. 1 rec / item
  • Scam/Security Warning Message: Upon Trade init, the bot will tell the user his SteamID is logged for security reasons and/or scam attempt prevention. 1 scrap
  • Session Limit: Don't let one user buy all of your items at once and disappoint the others. Set a limit to item trading per session. 1 rec
  • Friend list cap manager: Will remove all of the bot's non-admin friends once the specified friend cap limit is reached. 1 ref
  • Admin Notifications: Bot will notify you on selected events through chat (trade requests, trade completion... it is toggleable). 1 rec
  • Link Reporter: Console will show if other user sent a link through steam chat. Useful to detect phishing. 2 scrap.
Optional:
  • Custom Chat Messages: Bot will respond with a selected message of yours to any pre-selected chat trigger. 1 scrap per message.
I can only do 1 request at a time, so if you're interested post below or add me for details.

Currently taking requests.

Additional Information:
  • Nothing is pre-paid. I know I'm going to spend time working on the bot, but for your convenience you will only pay right before receiving the bot.
  • You will be able to test the bot before payment (I will run a version of it on my PC).
  • I will not have access to your bot. It's entirely yours.
  • You are able to change the name, picture or even groups and profiles of your bot as if it is a normal account.
  • I will do my best to assist you in setting up the bots. Linux is excluded.
  • The bot I will give you will be licensed to a specific SteamID and will not work with another one. This is to prevent reselling.
  • I am not responsible for any misuse of your bot or any item loss that might occur. Though you are free to test the bot prior to payment for these details.
Here's a sample TOD Banking bot which should be available for the next 4 days:
TOD Banking Bot
Of course the configuration is different there, and it might be missing some of the features.

If you have any questions feel free to post below.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not a trader so I personally wouldn't have interest with this.

That aside, this looks like an absolutely amazing idea, I'm sure you'll be selling quite a few of these if you can get them working as intended.

Just wanted to say, good job.

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've known people who sold bots for as much as 10 keys, and the guy who was doing that had 8 sales at the time I talked to him.

In other words, your gonna be a success.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I've known people who sold bots for as much as 10 keys, and the guy who was doing that had 8 sales at the time I talked to him.

In other words, your gonna be a success.
Affirmative! I decided to go cheap because
#1 - I can't stand unjustified high prices
#2 - Lots of players want trade bots but can't get them because they can't afford them
#3 - I thought Skial members deserved an overall acceptable price.

Thanks btw, I surely hope so.

Not a trader so I personally wouldn't have interest with this.

That aside, this looks like an absolutely amazing idea, I'm sure you'll be selling quite a few of these if you can get them working as intended.

Just wanted to say, good job.
Appreciate it!

antim

Gore-Spattered Heavy
No, I HIGHLY doubt someone is gonna come along willing to take the time and effort to make free bots for people.
You never know, maybe someday i start destroying the market for bot programming.

Last edited:

sov

Legendary Skial King
I might consider it. I have been starting to get more into trading and the "bot" idea is pretty cool.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I might consider it. I have been starting to get more into trading and the "bot" idea is pretty cool.
Amazing!

-----
Added 2 new bot types.
Included in OP requirements (they're now simpler to understand) and added some additional notes.

(Bots will be linked a specific steam ID which will be your bot's and will only work with that specific SteamID. This is to prevent reselling.)

Reactions: sov

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Here's a question: Can I run this bot while running Steam on my main account? Basically, is there any way to be signed onto 2 Steam accounts on the same computer (either via multiple logged in users or some sort of emulator)? I don't have a spare computer to run a bot, but I would certainly be interested in a bot or two.

Edit: Nevermind. VirtualBox seems to be the way to go, according to others. I'll look into it and maybe get back to you later.

Last edited:

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Oh, would it be possible for you to add something that alerts me with certain messages (such as regular expression tests for phishing links) or to set stock limits (for example, a bot for trading all-class miscs limiting stock of any particular misc item to 5 of that item)?

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Here's a question: Can I run this bot while running Steam on my main account? Basically, is there any way to be signed onto 2 Steam accounts on the same computer (either via multiple logged in users or some sort of emulator)? I don't have a spare computer to run a bot, but I would certainly be interested in a bot or two.

Edit: Nevermind. VirtualBox seems to be the way to go, according to others. I'll look into it and maybe get back to you later.
The bot connects through its own "terminal" (just like cmd) and doesn't use your steam client. Yes both work without VirtualBox.
I sometimes run my test bot with my Steam Client running as usual.

Oh, would it be possible for you to add something that alerts me with certain messages (such as regular expression tests for phishing links) or to set stock limits (for example, a bot for trading all-class miscs limiting stock of any particular misc item to 5 of that item)?
Yes and yes! I can make it throw in your console an alert saying the user sent a link. Can't distinguish links though (most links are scams). I'm also nearly sure I can make it send you messages. Will have to double check that though.
And the bot can check its inventory just like a normal user. It can count items and build its stock.

//All of your ideas could be additional features. I'll add them ASAP.

Last edited:

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
The bot connects through its own "terminal" (just like cmd) and doesn't use your steam client. Yes both work without VirtualBox.
I sometimes run my test bot with my Steam Client running as usual.

Huh. That's interesting. I won't bother you by asking you to go into the technical aspects of how this works.

Yes and yes! I can make it throw in your console an alert saying the user sent a link. Can't distinguish links though (most links are scams). I'm also nearly sure I can make it send you messages. Will have to double check that though.
And the bot can check its inventory just like a normal user. It can count items and build its stock.

//All of your ideas could be additional features. I'll add them ASAP.

Well, I want to point out that a lot of phishers have started to omit the http://www. part of the fake Steam Community links so as to bypass the warning page that Steam gives you. This is why I asked about using regular expressions. I figure that checking for .com/id/ would be sufficient to recognize phishers and then I could just block them (or maybe request a way to automatically block them, I suppose?)

Would I be able to log into the bot manually?

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Huh. That's interesting. I won't bother you by asking you to go into the technical aspects of how this works.

Well, I want to point out that a lot of phishers have started to omit the http://www. part of the fake Steam Community links so as to bypass the warning page that Steam gives you. This is why I asked about using regular expressions. I figure that checking for .com/id/ would be sufficient to recognize phishers and then I could just block them (or maybe request a way to automatically block them, I suppose?)

Would I be able to log into the bot manually?

I'll try to grab you a screenie later on.

I can check for any part. That works fine too.

Chat attempt: "10:32 PM - [TapBot] Trade: STEAM_0:0:85855189 ([TapBot] TOD Bank) sent me a phishing link: http://www.google.com"
(I censored http://)
Yes, sending chat messages works fine.

Yes, it's a regular steam account just like yours. You can use the normal steam client to access it or steamcommunity.com (though it's not recommended to do so when the bot is running).

Cheers!

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
One last request for a feature: A friend limit. Some people forget to remove bots, so it would be nice to have something where, if the bot hasn't traded with someone in a week or two (perhaps an option about the limit), then it removes that person.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
One last request for a feature: A friend limit. Some people forget to remove bots, so it would be nice to have something where, if the bot hasn't traded with someone in a week or two (perhaps an option about the limit), then it removes that person.
I actually coded a feature for that specifically yesterday, but forgot to reply here. Sorry about that.

Well the bot doesn't keep track of when it has traded with a certain someone, so in that case I added a setting to add a "friend limit cap", which, when reached, will trigger a removal of all of the bot's non-bot-admin friends.

You don't have to worry about someone being added and instantly removed because it will only check that when it logs in.

Also the basic admin commands include a "remove all friends" command which can be manually triggered.

Added the new feature to the OP.

Shizzlemybell

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Theres one Json api that I found on google that you could use
steamrep.com/api/beta/reputation/76561198022647168?json=1
Reputation is either blank or has a string in it that show the reputation