• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Should tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads be set to a default value of 1 on Skial servers?

• Total voters

finman

Scarcely Lethal Noob
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads needs to be set to a default value of 1. I could've sworn it used to be like that, and it was the only reason I used Skial.
Obviously, though, my opinion isn't the only one that matters, so I set out to see how many people wanted these turned off. I went to multiple different servers, asked the question "who thinks fixed weaponspreads should be turned on" and not once did someone say that they wanted to keep them off.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Off is better imo. When you fire a SG in RL it doesn't have a fixed spread, it will become more random over distance.
As for random crits, they can be unbalanced, the more damage you do, the more likely you are to get a random crit. Turning these off though is just as unbalanced as some weapons have the nerf 'no random crits'

finman

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Off is better imo. When you fire a SG in RL it doesn't have a fixed spread, it will become more random over distance.
As for random crits, they can be unbalanced, the more damage you do, the more likely you are to get a random crit. Turning these off though is just as unbalanced as some weapons have the nerf 'no random crits'
Can you name a weapon that would become unbalanced if random crits were turned off on all servers? I've played on servers with no random crits and these weapons do not become any more or less desirable to use because of the lack of random crits (except melee weapons, cause you can no longer run up to someone and kill them in one hit without any reason to be using melee)

the argument "Turning these off though is just as unbalanced as some weapons have the nerf 'no random crits'" has been disproven so many times it not even worth trying to present it as a real point.

As for random weaponspreads, there's not an argument to be made for random weaponspreads to be more balanced. You're trying to argue that something is imbalanced if turned off (random crits) but then arguing that fixed weaponspreads are less balanced and more random, which is inherently untrue.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Can you name a weapon that would become unbalanced if random crits were turned off on all servers?
Backburner, Phlog, Frontier justice.
You're trying to argue that something is imbalanced if turned off (random crits)
No, I actually said that random crits are unbalanced when ON, because they are ramped up with damage done. This means a more experienced player with a medic stuck to his ass has more chance of getting a crit than a less able player, thus extending the more experienced players advantage.
but then arguing that fixed weaponspreads are less balanced and more random, which is inherently untrue.
I didn't say fixed weapon spread was less balanced or more random... Did you actually read anything I wrote? Fixed weaponspread on or off is just as balanced as each other. Off is better IMO (as I said before IMO) as it presents a more realistic representation of a weapon in RL.
Crits are fun.
Yes they are. Well, they are until your 30 killstreak gets ended by a random crit pill spammed by a five year old blind kid with no thumbs, that's one of the times when you blurt out the N word.