.Switch

Unremarkable User
This server is always full and has a number of regulars who would like to see some new maps added to the rotation. What are the chances we can try some new payload maps and request feedback from the players?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Payload used to have more maps but they lost popularity (as in the server stayed empty / had few people playing when the map was in play) so Bottiger had no choice but to remove some of them from rotation.

Bottiger also looks at TF2 wide map statistics. He can see how much or how little a map is being played across the game. Unless the removed maps gain popularity from a statistical standpoint you're probably not going to see the removed maps coming back or else the server would be at risk of losing players.

If Valve makes new payload maps that are popular you'll probably see them on Skial, but so far only borneo has taken popularity

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Would it be worth looking into adding community payload maps?

I don't know just a thought since it give us a bit of an advantage over stock valve servers.

.Switch

Unremarkable User
Just a suggestion but pl_pier is a pretty sizable map that I think players would like on a 32 man server.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Would it be worth looking into adding community payload maps?

I don't know just a thought since it give us a bit of an advantage over stock valve servers.
I think the server has to be all Valve maps in order to be eligible for Quickplay, which I would assume provides an important portion of our players

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just a suggestion but pl_pier is a pretty sizable map that I think players would like on a 32 man server.

As BBQ said only official maps work in quick play, anything custom would likely be rejected due to lack of quickplay.

Quickplay is also what's been making so many maps disappear. It came out and has since diverted the overwhelming majority of player traffic to Valve servers causing a lot of servers, maps and mods to die out.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
True but in a way I'd of thought having community workshop maps would benefit as Valve servers don't host them?

I am aware of the quickplay issue, but for this particular server with an established community now may be a good chance?

Some people go out looking for community maps but can't find any servers hosting as none of the servers want to.

.Switch

Unremarkable User
True but in a way I'd of thought having community workshop maps would benefit as Valve servers don't host them?

I am aware of the quickplay issue, but for this particular server with an established community now may be a good chance?

Some people go out looking for community maps but can't find any servers hosting as none of the servers want to.

Yes Please!