ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
So I just installed my new GPU earlier, and I go to join a TF2 server and this is what everything looks like.

0968110A9FA64F2ADC51E066226D15CE0737A153

It's like someone is shining a flashlight and turning it on and off repeatedly, and from what I saw, it's mainly wood textures, Harvest was hit hard but when I tried Lakeside all that was popping was the assorted woods. I'm gonna try and re-install my graphics driver and see if that helps, but any ideas would be appreciated.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was with the latest NVIDIA driver, I just rolled back to the previous one and everything is normal again.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Okay, an addendum to this thread, I finally solved my problem without needing to use an outdated driver.

Apparently the textures can be fixed using DX9 instead of DX8 (I get like 20 more frames in DX8 rather than DX9, shaddap).

If you're running an older NVIDIA card, trying to use the new drivers, running TF2 in DX8, and getting my problem, upgrade to DX9, it works!

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Okay, an addendum to this thread, I finally solved my problem without needing to use an outdated driver.

Apparently the textures can be fixed using DX9 instead of DX8 (I get like 20 more frames in DX8 rather than DX9, shaddap).

If you're running an older NVIDIA card, trying to use the new drivers, running TF2 in DX8, and getting my problem, upgrade to DX9, it works!

wait what difference does 20 fps make if its over 100 constantly