Commander_video

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Well recently i obtained a new laptop and it has been running TF2 O.k. But just recently i have been noticing a bigger lag problem on every server i'm on. So of course i check my net_graph and my Lerp is always at a constant 100 and my input constantly changes from 200 to 2000. Anybody have an idea as to whats going on? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Try using optimal tf2 network settings providing you ping under 110 to most servers you frequent

Add these cvars to console

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66
cl_interp 0.0152
rate 60000 (you can use anything between 30000 and 100000)

use net graph 5 to check if you are getting any choke (packet loss) and increase your cl_interp if your lerp is yellow until it is orange (0.05, 0.033, 0.024 are good choices.)

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The cmdrate and updaterate settings are enforced by the server with the min and max rates. Also, our servers are sv_minrate 90000 so setting to 60000 won't do anything.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
The cmdrate and updaterate settings are enforced by the server with the min and max rates. Also, our servers are sv_minrate 90000 so setting to 60000 won't do anything.

sv_mincmdrate and sv_minupdaterate are 15 on skial servers. Max valves are 66 as you probably know.
The cvars i gave him were useful for all tf2 servers not just skial servers.

Commander_video

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Well ninja, i typed that into console on a server and noticed a HUGE differnece, so gonna try it on some other servers later but for now thanks a million :)

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Well ninja, i typed that into console on a server and noticed a HUGE differnece, so gonna try it on some other servers later but for now thanks a million :)
No problem, you should see a large performance boost on all servers you go on now.
However on servers with 110ping or more the server may feel choppy and slow

Commander_video

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
No problem, you should see a large performance boost on all servers you go on now.
However on servers with 110ping or more the server may feel choppy and slow
Ok, may i add you on steam just in case i ever have any more problems?