sov

Legendary Skial King
Every time I launch tf2 it doesn't save the graphic settings that I set last game session.

These are my launch options
-full -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

I use an Chris's FPS config but they saved before.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Every time I launch tf2 it doesn't save the graphic settings that I set last game session.

These are my launch options
-full -w 1920 -h 1080 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

I use an Chris's FPS config but they saved before.

It's weird that settings would save before but not now. I would've figured the custom game configs would overwrite the settings each startup.

Try changing your settings in the custom config files?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you use an autoexec.cfg for your settings, then when you are in game and change your settings, it will not overwrite the autoexec.cfg, you retain the settings in the autoexec.
basically this is how it works:
1. Start game
2. autoexec.cfg is loaded up first
3. cvars on autoexec.cfg are written to the 'dynamic' cfg file
4. game uses variables that are on the 'dynamic' cfg file
5. Change a variable ingame and it writes to the 'dynamic' cfg, the autoexec.cfg remains unchanged.
6. goto 1.

So as you see, you need to change the variables in the autoexec.cfg for changes to be permanent.
If the variable is not in the autoexec.cfg, then that variable will load up as you last set it.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Thanks for the reply guys. That cleared things up so I looked up the command to get bilinear and not trilinear and I actually found an old skial thread. I just had to change something in a config.