• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Justinator

Positively Inhumane Poster
hey does anyone know what to do if your tf2 is crashing every 30-1hour im not having any lag of any sort
god i miss my old laptop it never crash

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Seems to be a real big problem with windows 7 64 bit, cant really do much but hope it will get fixed some point soon.

Justinator

i hate this crashing because im trying to idle and every time i come back after a while program is closed :(

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Your crashin, I'm laggin. I scincerely blame it on the increase of newfags filling up tf2. not saying that's all a bad thing or nothin, just too much of one thing will usually lead to another, such as the crashes with the new weapons.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Your crashin, I'm laggin. I scincerely blame it on the increase of newfags filling up tf2. not saying that's all a bad thing or nothin, just too much of one thing will usually lead to another, such as the crashes with the new weapons.

this made zero sense

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
this made zero sense
increase flow of players can make the servers laggy. with all the people who got tf2 f2p, the flow of players increased immensely, therefore causing server lag. though it is good to have more players, it isn't good to have too many players. the example i did was when the new update and weapons came out. at first it was all right, then the games started crashing(the new heavy melee weapon was known to cause crashes when hitting an inanimate object).
hopefully that makes more sense

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
increase flow of players can make the servers laggy. with all the people who got tf2 f2p, the flow of players increased immensely, therefore causing server lag. though it is good to have more players, it isn't good to have too many players. the example i did was when the new update and weapons came out. at first it was all right, then the games started crashing(the new heavy melee weapon was known to cause crashes when hitting an inanimate object).

i have no idea what ur trying to say. can anyone explain what he is suggesting?

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
i have no idea what ur trying to say. can anyone explain what he is suggesting?
:(i have hard times explaining things. i was saying that the more people on a server, the more lag you will generate(usually). the increase of players is making tf2 itself lag( which sometimes leads to crashes for me)

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That would make sense... If servers didn't have limits on the number of players. A 32 player server can only have 32 people on it and therefore won't be affected by the burden of more players. And if the server's full, that's it, so all you can get off the server is the server info, which doesn't add any appreciable bandwidth use.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
:(i have hard times explaining things. i was saying that the more people on a server, the more lag you will generate(usually). the increase of players is making tf2 itself lag( which sometimes leads to crashes for me)

that doesnt make any sense at all. The number of people on our servers stayed the same, or even decreased due to quickplay restrictions. The only thing that changed is the amount of people that play tf2. Which doesnt effect our server since the player limit hasnt changed

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
something could be using up the cpu, check your task maager and see if anything that looks wierd is on in process

Justinator

something could be using up the cpu, check your task maager and see if anything that looks wierd is on in process
i only have like 3 tabs open in google chrome and steam and tf2 open i have 6 gb of ram my desktop is quiet normally if its under stress it makes noise from the fan i have like 3 gb of ram left over

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's nothing to do with usage, Tf2 simply crashes atm with Windows 7 64 bit, don't really know how to make anymore clear, it has nothing to do with the f2ps nothing to do with usage nothing to do with anything that isn't it's inability to work cooperatively with windows 7 64 bit.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yep, I run win7 64bit, and I crash at least once an hour, kinda gets annoying. I also have the issue where on first connecting to a server (any server) my connection drops after about 10 seconds in, I have to reconnect every time, second connection is fine and stable. I'm thinking this is connected to the win7 issue, does anyone else have this problem?

swarƒega

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Mine crashes occasionally, its something you have to put up with until valve sort it out. Anything you do on your computer wont fix the issue.