• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismo

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/in...Search=[U:1:252705628]&advType=steamid&Submit

Why should you be unbanned?
Hello,

First off, I'd like to formally apologize to you personally @KalashnikovA on behalf of my friend and I, but mostly myself for what I said towards you on December 10th of last year. You may remember an incident that occurred that day, in which two of the same sound clips were played over the mic in-game from two different people on the US DeathRun server (common occurrence there, I realize.) The audio clips contained very clearly inappropriate content, and the both of us found it funny at the time. I played it first, which resulted in a temporary mute placed on me by Kalash moments later, who was also in the server with us. My friend then played the same audio clip over their mic, and from what I could gather, Kalash mistook my friend for an alt account of mine, and claimed that the mute "has been extended to permanent" and subsequently muted them as well.

Me, being the dickhead that I was, didn't stop to think the decision was justified. So, I logged into an alt account with a VPN to bypass the mute, and to (very strongly) verbally harass Kalash over the mic. This obviously warranted a permanent ban for my main account, and I assume my alt account as well.

Since then, I believe I've had time to reflect on this, and I sincerely acknowledge the extremities I used against you, Kalash. For that, I promise to refrain from taking any such measures against any user ever again, regardless of what I feel is just and unjust. I will also no longer use my soundboard on Skial servers as to not provoke anyone from taking action against me.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Hello, I’m trying to piece everything together so I understand what happened. Was your friend’s name “Rori?”

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Actually I think I pieced it all together now. You were silenced for using the n-word and I hadn’t heard you play the sound clip at this point.

Your friend Rori played the sound clip, which contained the nword and pedophile ideation, and was permanently silenced because of his track record and the severity of what he played. https://www.skial.com/threads/tf2-appeal-rori.103829/

Then you get onto a VPN with an alt account and threaten to dox me.

So: racism, glorifying pedophilia, dodging your silence, and threatening an admin

Prismo

Contributor
Actually I think I pieced it all together now. You were silenced for using the n-word and I hadn’t heard you play the sound clip at this point.

Your friend Rori played the sound clip, which contained the nword and pedophile ideation, and was permanently silenced because of his track record and the severity of what he played. https://www.skial.com/threads/tf2-appeal-rori.103829/

Then you get onto a VPN with an alt account and threaten to dox me.

So: racism, glorifying pedophilia, dodging your silence, and threatening an admin
Sorry, I wasn’t aware I had said the n-word as well as the track record of Rori, that would make more sense. While the audio file contained inappropriate content, I do not support or affiliate with pedophilia to any degree whatsoever, nor am I racist or use the word in a derogatory manner since this took place. I have various reports submitted for racism specifically, because I am against the usage of the word itself.

I’d like to point out that the person in the sound clip is not me, and was clearly out of his mind while saying awkward things, which is why we found it funny. I want to be clear on this: I am not the one saying this, nor do I agree with anything that was used in the recording.

You are correct on account of the fact my friend was Rori. I was upset at the time of them receiving a permanent mute, so I logged into an alt to harass and threaten you. This, obviously warranted further punishment, and I received it as such. I wanted to apologize for this as you had no business hearing the slander I made you endure. It should be noted that I was not sober during this entire ordeal, so I was lacking judgement and common sense.

That being said, the severity of my actions were unwarranted and outright unnecessary, however I have no intentions of causing any form of mischief even close to this again. I’ve consulted the server rules prior to making this appeal, as to ensure I’m fully aware of what’s right and what’s wrong.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I was upset at the time of them receiving a permanent mute, so I logged into an alt to harass and threaten you.

So you're likely to get aggressive and threaten players and admins whenever you're angry?

It should be noted that I was not sober during this entire ordeal, so I was lacking judgement and common sense.

And when you drink, you're likely to say racial slurs, play clips of people using pedo language, dodge any attempts of silencing you, and then make threats to expose people's personal information on the web?

Sounds like we should keep you banned.

Prismo

Contributor
So you're likely to get aggressive and threaten players and admins whenever you're angry?

And when you drink, you're likely to say racial slurs, play clips of people using pedo language, dodge any attempts of silencing you, and then make threats to expose people's personal information on the web?

The two statements were meant to go hand-in-hand, which is why I put them in the same section. I don’t normally go around threatening people when I’m angry and upset, and from what my friends tell me, there haven’t been any recollections of me acting completely unhinged while drunk. I had recently won a regional lottery one day prior, so this was practically a once in a lifetime thing, and I plan to keep it that way.

Prismo

Contributor
Is there anything I could do or say to prove this will only be a one-time occurrence? I understand just how awful it was, but since then, I’ve learned to not put myself in situations like this again. I’m sincerely sorry for my actions on that day, as well as on behalf of my friend, please consider where I stand on this. This will never happen again.

Prismo

Contributor
Hi, just wanted to follow-up and mention the fact my words were taken out of context, then the final decision was based on that misconstrued assumption.

Context and clarification was given on both of these accusations, it should've cleared things up, but you likely believe the entire scenario was a personal attack. I don't blame you given the things I said, I just want to know why you remained firm on your decision. Is it the severity of the offense? I already provided clarification on why it happened, and why it wouldn't happen again if I was unbanned. My past reports, affirmation of re-reading the server rules and policies, and sincerity of my entire appeal is completely valid and as truthful as it could be.

I am not an advocate for pedophilia, the clip was micspam from something entirely different.
I do not get aggressive and threaten people whenever I am angry, you have no basis for that.
I do not normally harass and evade punishment when inebriated, I was celebrating a once in a lifetime event, and had no rational thinking due to the amount of joy I was experiencing, and how much alcohol I had consumed as a result. Those two factors are combined, please do not separate them.

I have been nothing but honest in this entire appeal, I truly believe if an admin not at all involved in this entire situation were handling this appeal, it would've warranted a different result. Unless of course one or more want to add insult to injury and just include their two cents for the sake of siding with their staff administration.

I know you'll inevitably lock this thread, but I'm grateful you didn't do so beforehand so that I could express my thoughts on this.

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Pedophilia, dodging a silence, or threatening an admin is enough to warrant a ban if any of those offenses happen individually. You did all three in the span of a few minutes. These are serious behaviors and will not be tolerated. I've read through your responses and weighed in considerations on what's best for the community. Based on your poor insight and judgement in this appeal, together with the seriousness of your behaviors, it doesn't make sense to unban you.

You'll have to play somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.