• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

MikeDexter123

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=[U:1:1117269366&advType=steam

Why should you be unbanned?
So in the afternoon of January 8, 2024, I was muted and gagged from the skial server for a month. However, I don't feel like the ban was justified, and I feel like the admin on that server might've been overreacting as he had muted and gagged multiple people on the server. So what happened is that I was talking on the server with fellow tf2 players and we decided to do impressions and play some audio over the mic, it was mostly for jokes and laughs, however, we weren't being loud and I don't think anybody on the server complained about me or other people who were talking and seemed to be having a good time, I also made sure to have my mic lowered so it doesn't disrupt anybody too much. When I checked my recent ban, it said I got banned for mic spam for a whole month, however, I don't believe I was mic spamming in the mic as I wasn't continusly blasting sound into the mic for long periods of time or constantly talking, which I feel like would count as spam, not occasionally playing audio or talking into my mic that wasn't loud to begin with. I noticed many people got muted in the server by the admin and they were not being loud at all. I want to continue playing on these servers and socialize with other groups and my intention was not to dissrupt people or ruin their fun, I just wanted to bring laughs and a good time, not the other way around which I don't even think I was doing. I was aware that an admin was on the server but I made sure not to dissurpt too many people in the server and when i checked the chat and other people talking, nobody told me to "stop" or "your too loud" or used !ignore on me that much, meaning that nobody seemed to be bothered or try to vote and mute me. Getting muted for a month for playing audio that wasn't loud or dissrupting people is a lot and was not frequent feels too much. If this is truly justified, I would please ask to have my mute and gag ban lowered if possible as I felt like I haven't done anything dissruptive or abusive on the server that caused people to ask me to be quiet or upsetted people.

MikeDexter123

Unremarkable User
You should not be playing music or audio over mic.

@Queen123 will handle your appeal.

Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=[U:1:1117269366&advType=steam

Why should you be unbanned?
So in the afternoon of January 8, 2024, I was muted and gagged from the skial server for a month. However, I don't feel like the ban was justified, and I feel like the admin on that server might've been overreacting as he had muted and gagged multiple people on the server. So what happened is that I was talking on the server with fellow tf2 players and we decided to do impressions and play some audio over the mic, it was mostly for jokes and laughs, however, we weren't being loud and I don't think anybody on the server complained about me or other people who were talking and seemed to be having a good time, I also made sure to have my mic lowered so it doesn't disrupt anybody too much. When I checked my recent ban, it said I got banned for mic spam for a whole month, however, I don't believe I was mic spamming in the mic as I wasn't continusly blasting sound into the mic for long periods of time or constantly talking, which I feel like would count as spam, not occasionally playing audio or talking into my mic that wasn't loud to begin with. I noticed many people got muted in the server by the admin and they were not being loud at all. I want to continue playing on these servers and socialize with other groups and my intention was not to dissrupt people or ruin their fun, I just wanted to bring laughs and a good time, not the other way around which I don't even think I was doing. I was aware that an admin was on the server but I made sure not to dissurpt too many people in the server and when i checked the chat and other people talking, nobody told me to "stop" or "your too loud" or used !ignore on me that much, meaning that nobody seemed to be bothered or try to vote and mute me. Getting muted for a month for playing audio that wasn't loud or dissrupting people is a lot and was not frequent feels too much. If this is truly justified, I would please ask to have my mute and gag ban lowered if possible as I felt like I haven't done anything dissruptive or abusive on the server that caused people to ask me to be quiet or upsetted people.

If it was because of the audio and music, I will make sure next time I will not play it again, I am sorry if I played audio into the mic as I just wanted to socialize and make people laugh as they were goofing around and I just wanted to be funny to them. Even though I felt like nobody was being bothered in the server, my intention was not to disrupt people or bother them in any way. I am not sure if the 1 month ban is a result of my previous ban for the vote menu abuse that stacked, 'please let me know if so', but I feel like this ban's length feels a bit much comparing to the previous that was more disruptive and only lasted a week, while this current ban did not disrupt that many players from what I saw and lasts a month. I hope you can see why I am confused here when one was very disruptive and lasted a week while one was not so much and lasts a month. If you think that I was bothering people because of my previous notions in the past, then I would want to inform you that I am not trying to be that as I realized nobody wanted to hear about the thing i was always talking about, if you know what that is, as they simply told me "no" or "shut up" and would mostly try to mute me and I gave up at that point and decided to just socialize and talk with others like a normal human being. Regardless I am sorry if I had that obsession and constantly brought up that "thing"; as I just wanted to be edgy and funny but instead it did the opposite, I instead upsetted other people and made them annoyed, so I stopped and cranked it down and mentioned, "the thing" less as I didn't want any trouble. I am saying all of this because to me, this ban feels personal as the others that were muted in the same server were only muted for a day or more and they roughly did the same thing as me and I felt like I was given a lengthier ban due to my reputation as I am already hated by some people and even though I had no ill intentions of causing any harm or trouble in the server, I feel like you assumed that I would. I am very edgy and cocky and how I like to express and conduct myself on the servers and I am sorry if that made me look antagonistic from my previous teases and comments to others that might still be annoyed at me from when I first interacted with them, but I am saying that I just want to play the game and socialize normally with other tf2 players which I have been doing already and be friends with them, not become enemies. I want to respect others and let them play the game without yapping about "the thing" which they sometimes still assume I will bring up but I never really do anymore. Anyways, if this ban will stay, I would at least want to ask for some sort of reduction if possible as I did not intend to disrupt people in the server or bother them. And I would like to know what I can do so this doesn't happen again and how I can reedem myself as I feel like I am punching bag and being sometimes targeted as I would get votemenu kicked even if I didn't do anything wrong, and I assume it is because they mostly do not like me.

MikeDexter123

Unremarkable User

If it was because of the audio and music, I will make sure next time I will not play it again, I am sorry if I played audio into the mic as I just wanted to socialize and make people laugh as they were goofing around and I just wanted to be funny to them. Even though I felt like nobody was being bothered in the server, my intention was not to disrupt people or bother them in any way. I am not sure if the 1 month ban is a result of my previous ban for the vote menu abuse that stacked, 'please let me know if so', but I feel like this ban's length feels a bit much comparing to the previous that was more disruptive and only lasted a week, while this current ban did not disrupt that many players from what I saw and lasts a month. I hope you can see why I am confused here when one was very disruptive and lasted a week while one was not so much and lasts a month. If you think that I was bothering people because of my previous notions in the past, then I would want to inform you that I am not trying to be that as I realized nobody wanted to hear about the thing i was always talking about, if you know what that is, as they simply told me "no" or "shut up" and would mostly try to mute me and I gave up at that point and decided to just socialize and talk with others like a normal human being. Regardless I am sorry if I had that obsession and constantly brought up that "thing"; as I just wanted to be edgy and funny but instead it did the opposite, I instead upsetted other people and made them annoyed, so I stopped and cranked it down and mentioned, "the thing" less as I didn't want any trouble. I am saying all of this because to me, this ban feels personal as the others that were muted in the same server were only muted for a day or more and they roughly did the same thing as me and I felt like I was given a lengthier ban due to my reputation as I am already hated by some people and even though I had no ill intentions of causing any harm or trouble in the server, I feel like you assumed that I would. I am very edgy and cocky and how I like to express and conduct myself on the servers and I am sorry if that made me look antagonistic from my previous teases and comments to others that might still be annoyed at me from when I first interacted with them, but I am saying that I just want to play the game and socialize normally with other tf2 players which I have been doing already and be friends with them, not become enemies. I want to respect others and let them play the game without yapping about "the thing" which they sometimes still assume I will bring up but I never really do anymore. Anyways, if this ban will stay, I would at least want to ask for some sort of reduction if possible as I did not intend to disrupt people in the server or bother them. And I would like to know what I can do so this doesn't happen again and how I can reedem myself as I feel like I am punching bag and being sometimes targeted as I would get votemenu kicked even if I didn't do anything wrong, and I assume it is because they mostly do not like me.

If I had truly disrupted people in the server, then I am sorry for doing so and I will make sure not to do it again.

MikeDexter123

Unremarkable User

I would like to know what is the status of my appeal? And I would like to also ask if playing audio is still against the rules, as when I checked the rules posted by the administrator, there is no mention of mic-spam or audio, just music. Have the rules been updated since that one is from 2014 or is there caveats? I want to know what and what not to do. Please let me know

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
From the rules: “Examples are listed. But just because you don't see something here does not mean it is not included. Every single thing is not listed because the rules are so long that most people don't read it all and we cannot think of every possible problem.”

You should use voice-chat for voice-chat only.

Please be patient and your appeal will receive a decision.

Queen123

TF2 Admin
Based on your past history of other players voting to mute you for spam, I believe you have a hard time understanding the rules. I was not overreacting; you should know the rules and know that spam is not allowed. The mute stays

MikeDexter123

Unremarkable User
Based on your past history of other players voting to mute you for spam, I believe you have a hard time understanding the rules. I was not overreacting; you should know the rules and know that spam is not allowed. The mute stays

Yes, I know that I should know the rules, and I have read the rules that is also present in the server when you do the command !rules and made sure to follow them, however, I was genuinely unaware that micspam was not allowed. The only thing that I saw in the rules when I read them that came close to referring to it was "No Music", however, if it is talking about micspam, it could be somewhat misleading as it is specifying no music on the server but not clarifying if that means micspam or any audio in general, making it seem like all audio besides music is allowed. Now I know not everything on the server rules list can be listed from what I am told on for the server rules fourm, but if two things are very similar like audio over the mic and music over the mic, it would make sense to just have it say "Micspam is not allowed on voice chat" instead of "Music is not allowed on voice chat." so it generalizes everything and doesn't cause confusion as "Music is not allowed on voice chat." can be easily misunderstood as it doesn't clearly indicate if that means everything involving audio over a mic, assuming that "Music is not allowed on voice chat." is suppose to generalize all audio over the mic. I thought when I saw "Music is not allowed on voice chat." that it just meant "No Music", and everything was okay to go over the mic, it genuinely did not ring a bell that the "Music is not allowed on voice chat." also meant other forms of audio over the mic. Now I am at fault for playing music, or rather a song at one point on the server, but if you are saying that it is not just music and it includes other pieces of audio as well and I was expected to know that, than in the rules imo, I would suggest maybe making it more clear, so others do not trip into confusion. I don't know if the rules have been updated in the past or audio over the mic was allowed at one point but just no music, please refer if it had, but I would recommend maybe having it be updated to specify and clarify that "No music" is implying No micspam, as "No music" means obv no music, but that seems to be where it ends in it's clarifiation without specifying if that means any audio over the mic. Now I respect your decision for the ban, but I just wanted to give my side of the story as I was genuinely confused. Anyways, I wouldn't think it would hurt to simply make it more clear that "No Music" means "No Micspam", or simply just say, "No Micspam" to generalize all forms of audio over the mic. Now I understand that if the rules cannot be specified or changed for whatever reason, but I do feel like adding a generalization for parts of the rules that may imply something but not clearly state it would be better to patch up so it is cut and dry for anyone that comes accross it instead of leaving holes for more questions to be asked for those who do not understand clearly. I feel like to have good expectations from people that follow the rules, is to generalize and make it cut and dry so the true trouble makers and rule breakers can slip, fall, and fry... And also so the innocent doesn't fall into misfourtne of getting into trouble for something that didn't ring a bell from something not cut and dry. Crappy pun, but that is the point that I am trying to make, in case you believed I was deliberately trying to break the rules.