• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Men)IN(Black

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=men)in(black&advType=name

Why should you be unbanned?
The offence:
https://stats.skial.com/#chat-context/409532940 - the offending message
https://stats.skial.com/#chat-context/409532963 - the second message about the server

https://stats.skial.com/#chat-context/409532922 - The message that prompted me to give the IP

I reacted to “gave” and “IP” in the same sentence, which prompted me to put the servers IP in the chat.
I am not friends with the guy who prompted me to give the IP and my PC doesn’t like\can't handle steam overlay, so DM’ing that IP would’ve been too much effort for me, compared to just simply dropping the IP in chat.

Why I disagree with the mute:

Any kind of discussion about other servers is dropped immediately after my second message.

Only the IP of the server was mentioned: no names, no attempts to make people join that server instead, no attempts to make people leave current server; if anything I was discouraging people from joining a less populated server at the time ( only one person there, compared to 6 people on EU vsh )

I stayed on the server for another ~20 min since I was interested in playing the game, until the server became empty, after that I left the server.

Men)IN(Black

That's the thing, I didn't advertise it, only mentioned it once.
there's only one guy tho
I don't think that is encouraging most people to change a (somewhat) populated server to an empty one

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You advertised it by sharing the IP. Argue about it all you want, but arguing won't lift your silence

Sakiko

Contributor
There is a misconeption that Bottiger is the bad guy in all this and mub is good - Mub made all the changes you all hate and went cold on bottiger for a month while he planned and did this entire split and make his own server and is allowing his members to advertise and tell others to boycot skial and make drama for our regulars.

We do not care if you want to go off make your own server just don't trash ours and advertise it on our own servers.

If you are not going to advertise mub stuff on skial and would be great to have constructive dialogue with making a better server in the dying world of community servers then we will listen not all ideas are liked by everyone. We can reduce the Silence to a month.

Men)IN(Black

There is a misconception that Bottiger is the bad guy in all this and mub is good
I don't know neither of those people nor have I talked with any of them (I think), so I don't hold any opinions towards them.
Mub made all the changes you all hate and went cold on bottiger for a month while he planned and did this entire split and make his own server and is allowing his members to advertise and tell others to boycot skial and make drama for our regulars.
Did noticed that some of the more annoying boss features returned, didn't know what was the reason for that.
We do not care if you want to go off make your own server just don't trash ours and advertise it on our own servers.
I didn't trash skial, neither did I try to advertise the other server, but I do know of other people who did both things. Most of my interactions with players (in game in general) is limited to the server and I wasn't online/available at the time those other people have played, as such I wasn't aware of their movement's in regards to the servers.
If you are not going to advertise mub stuff on skial and would be great to have constructive dialogue with making a better server in the dying world of community servers then we will listen not all ideas are liked by everyone. We can reduce the Silence to a month.
I never tried to advertise any servers to that matter, neither am I planning to do so in the future.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I don't know neither of those people nor have I talked with any of them (I think), so I don't hold any opinions towards them.

Did noticed that some of the more annoying boss features returned, didn't know what was the reason for that.

I didn't trash skial, neither did I try to advertise the other server, but I do know of other people who did both things. Most of my interactions with players (in game in general) is limited to the server and I wasn't online/available at the time those other people have played, as such I wasn't aware of their movement's in regards to the servers.

I never tried to advertise any servers to that matter, neither am I planning to do so in the future.
You advertised it by sharing the IP. Argue about it all you want, but arguing won't lift your silence

Men)IN(Black

Important thing to point out is that I am not part of the other group, and while they are in my friends list, I don't interact with them outside the servers.
I tend to play outside of their hours and I do not have a compulsive need to check people logs and because of that I was left in the dark about their actions.
I was unaware of what they were doing and how they were acting on skial server, and only after receiving the mute I was made aware of the situation.
If I knew what was going on, I'd have restrained myself from even mentioning mub's server, since I do not like to be involved in other people's misdeeds. I simply don't want to be involved in any drama they have caused. I was not a part of that group.

Sakiko

Contributor
i reduced the time to a month. try not to advertise other services on the server.

Sakiko

Contributor
It has now been reduced to 3 days which means you are unbanned - please take time to read the post by mub on the forums and not make unneeded drama. Thanks