• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

lavender

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List fill out your steamID.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/in...Search=[U:1:296778889]&advType=steamid&Submit

Why should you be unbanned?
Hello I am creating a ban appeal that I received today due to a bypass that I did. There was someone on the server who was making a lot of jokes that weren't funny in the voice chat a lot of these jokes were racist, sexist, transphobic and such making jokes about how all black people are poor and gangsters, as well as just saying the nword. he also made a r@pe joke towards my female friend astra when she tried to tell him to be quiet as well.

I tried to vote kick him but it didnt end up going through it was a pretty close vote about 5/8 i think

someone ended up calling admin to try to get the situation sorted out and an admin joined the server, I tried to explain that he kept making jokes in voice chat, typically very racist ones and i was asking him simply to be quiet, there was another troll that joined in on all of it. im unsure if i got bunched him with him but i was truthfully just trying to let him know that these type of jokes weren't funny cause he was just being racist and that was it.

I ended up getting muted which felt very unfair because I was being called a troll when all i was doing was trying my best to explain the situation that happen, two members were backing me up with what he was doing (vatican02, bee, astra) my friend "sammy the snowplow" ended up joining the server and just started bashing on him really hard and i tried telling him to be quiet cause its gonna make it seem like were being trolls.

the admin ended up muting my friend, so i once again tried to patiently tell the admin what ended up happening and then he muted me for trolling. but i truthfully wasn't i was just trying to explain to the admin what was going on, i was a bit confused who the admin was one player told me to explain what happen. so i once again told the player exactly what happen. but i was muted i wasn't able to say what happen and in a final fit of rage cause i was very upset that i got muted for a whole day and i couldn't even explain what happen to the admin that i renamed my flame thrower to "(user name of person who was making racist jokes) isn't funny."

after i did this i was permanently banned for "bypassing my mute" maybe it wasn't the most mature thing to do but i was just really upset and filled with so much anger for my friend who got r@pe jokes thrown at her as well as me getting muted for trying to explain what was going on. other players were also siding with me saying that he was also making these jokes.....

I didnt know that renaming my flame thrower to what i did would count as a bypass of mute when i felt the mute was undeserved because all i was trying to do was explain the situation.... im also quiet upset with my friend cause i feel he made me look like a troll....

I feel what i did anyone would have done in my shoes, i was just angry and upset and i felt like i was mistreated as well as the other players who were siding with me, i didnt expect the admin to for one never let himself be known so i could explain what went down.

I can admit it the name tag was stupid, but i was just upset i didnt know that i was gonna be banned forever.

I've been playing on skial for so many years, i've idled 100s of hours to get points, brought my entire friendgroup here i've been playing here for almost an entire decade and just for me to be ignored when im trying to tell my side of the story and instantly banned for what i did really hurts.

I had no idea that a permantban would be in order noor did i know this counted as bypassing a mute i assumed bypassing a mute means joining on another account which i didnt do... i just was upset so i renamed my stupid flame thrower to what i did.

I'm not saying what i did was right but all im saying is that i feel this permeant ban was a bit extreme of a punishment when i felt i was falsely muted in the first place. many other players were siding with me and agreeing that he did say those things.

All I want is a second chance or at least my ban to lowered, even if its a month, 6 months i dont care but please not permanent.

I didnt know this would happen i was just trying to defend my friend.

lavender

Unremarkable User
I also failed to mention that I've never once been banned before on any server for trolling, hacking, scamming or being rude, i have a clean slate for every single server and i've been playing team fortress 2 for almost an entire decade. i have never gotten a single mute or ban in my entire history of playing this game, if you search my U ID. the only ban you will ever see is this current one i've gotten. every other famous server you can think of is 100% clean.

is there any chance we can lower the ban? i understand what i did was wrong i shouldn't have renamed the flame thrower what i did i just felt very falsely prosecuted while the person who made all those jokes got off scot free. it was one second of a lapse of judgement.

thank you.

lavender

Unremarkable User
1713246870019.png

Aeryn

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You're unbanned.

Any future harassment of that person or anyone else will result in longer punishments. The same applies to Sammy_The_Snowplow and bee in case they're reading this.