• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to your ban at skial.com/sourcebans
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=[U:1:1084171146]&advType=steam

Why should you be unbanned?
I feel like it's time I educate people on what racism is.

racism

1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

2. the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

Firstly, I do not posses any sort of belief that one race is better than others. I do not care what skin you are, the entire idea of racism is the dumbest shit I have ever heard. No one is superior nor inferior we are all equally worthless. With that establish, I am not a racist. Secondly, while I may have used the mic a good amount I did so mainly for humor. Everything I said that night was both satirical and sarcastic. Sure I may have said offensive things like "I'm gonna say the n word but don't worry I have black friends." However that is so clearly sarcasm that I have no idea how the admins missed it. If anything I was making fun of the racist people who use that excuse by high lighting their stupidity. Moreover, this isn't even an original joke. This meme has circled the internet recently and I thought it was funny, I get that the it's just a joke excuse is weak but I mean cmon, how can such a popular joke not be seen is anything but satire. Gagging me is the equivalent of hearing a guy do the "I'm gonna to say the n word meme" or the "I got an n word pass meme" (basically the same thing) and silencing him because you don't understand what humor is. Sure it's offensive but that's the point. It's satire. I seriously wish I get unmuted and ungagged because this mindset of "IT'S RACIST NO MATTER THE CONTEXT" is very obnoxious. Can't wait of idiots to censor South Park and other "offensive" despite it being very clearly a joke.

Since the last part is a bit hard to read imma just revise it.

Can't wait for idiots to censor South Park and other "offensive" media despite it all being very clearly a joke.

• Sad
Reactions: Toxik

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Since the last part is a bit hard to read imma just revise it.

Can't wait for idiots to censor South Park and other "offensive" media despite it all being very clearly a joke.

https://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/
  • Racism
    • Racial slurs or stereotypes are not allowed.
    • However, you may use the term "nigga" without negative words or stereotypes. Examples of negative words include but not limited to: dumb, bad, hate.
  • Other Discrimination: Any persistent discrimination based on gender or religion is not allowed. What qualifies as persistent will be determined by an admin.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You are no Trey Parker or Matt Stone. They are actual people that can be held accountable if they cross a line. You are an anonymous entity hiding behind a monitor.
We are not Comedy Central or the FCC. We have different rules. When you come to our servers you are told in multiple places to read the rules and that even if you don't you are still held to them.
Because you and everyone else on the internet are able to be relatively anonymous, people love to try to get away with stuff they wouldn't be able to in real life. If you want to try an edgy racist joke in real life you know there are places and audiences where it would probably fly, and other places or audiences where you'd get dirty looks, chastised, or worse. Also in real life you can read the body language, facial cues, and voice intonation. On tf2 the best you can get is voice intonation, and probably not well over their crappy codec and between game noises. If you're using text, all that is right out the window.
Because of all this, we are pretty strict about anything racial. People will claim jokes when they're dead serious because they think they can get away with it. It is a slippery slope and we straight up cut off access to said slope by saying stay away from anything racial period.
You wanna be an edgy meme lord, go to open mic night at a comedy club, don't do it on our servers.
@Jermaphobe has final say but don't hold your breath.

You are no Trey Parker or Matt Stone. They are actual people that can be held accountable if they cross a line. You are an anonymous entity hiding behind a monitor.
We are not Comedy Central or the FCC. We have different rules. When you come to our servers you are told in multiple places to read the rules and that even if you don't you are still held to them.
Because you and everyone else on the internet are able to be relatively anonymous, people love to try to get away with stuff they wouldn't be able to in real life. If you want to try an edgy racist joke in real life you know there are places and audiences where it would probably fly, and other places or audiences where you'd get dirty looks, chastised, or worse. Also in real life you can read the body language, facial cues, and voice intonation. On tf2 the best you can get is voice intonation, and probably not well over their crappy codec and between game noises. If you're using text, all that is right out the window.
Because of all this, we are pretty strict about anything racial. People will claim jokes when they're dead serious because they think they can get away with it. It is a slippery slope and we straight up cut off access to said slope by saying stay away from anything racial period.
You wanna be an edgy meme lord, go to open mic night at a comedy club, don't do it on our servers.
@Jermaphobe has final say but don't hold your breath.
In other words. We at skial are too lazy to use our non-existent braincells to decide whether something is a joke or not so we will just claim everyone who says anything remotely offensive a racist :). You do realize that this is also a slippery slope right? What if the person was actually joking? What if the person just said something once in chat and got banned for no reason? The thing could have been the most clever and funny joke but I guess not because "WE AT SKIAL DON'T KNOW WHAT HUMOR IS LOLOLOLOLOLOL". Absolutely disgraceful. I guess on Skial saying "I'm gonna say the n word but don't worry I got a pass haha" is the equivalent of actual hate speech. I don't even think I said the word but hey, Jermaphobe's word is law right? China level censorship right here. Also did you just imply that I'm not an actual person simply because I value my privacy? Cool.

https://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/
  • Racism
    • Racial slurs or stereotypes are not allowed.
    • However, you may use the term "nigga" without negative words or stereotypes. Examples of negative words include but not limited to: dumb, bad, hate.
  • Other Discrimination: Any persistent discrimination based on gender or religion is not allowed. What qualifies as persistent will be determined by an admin.
Again, I read the rules and I wasn't doing any of that. I was mocking actual racist.

muji

Mildly Menacing Medic
Again, I read the rules and I wasn't doing any of that. I was mocking actual racist.
https://www.skial.com/threads/viper-racism.93702/
You're lucky no one caught a vid of you also pressuring a child into saying the word, to which you immediately reacted as though they were some racist that deserved to be votekicked. Fortunately, you had no idea how to do so until later on. If my memory serves correctly, you were then vote muted after the demo. Changing your name, then instantly changing it to 'Changed Man' clearly shows you know what you did was against the rules. You are self aware that your actions could have consequences, and yet you still chose to make these choices and then attempt to defend them as if it's some misunderstanding around jokes and so on. You had a choice to be good or be bad, your choice here is revealing, friend.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
In other words. We at skial are too lazy to use our non-existent braincells to decide whether something is a joke or not so we will just claim everyone who says anything remotely offensive a racist
No. In other words to stop whiny bitches like you from actually being racist and hiding behind 'it was a joke!' we have strict rules about racism.

What if the person was actually joking? What if the person just said something once in chat and got banned for no reason?
Doesn't matter. If it violated our rules, it gets punished.

Jermaphobe's word is law right?
Jermaphobe was the issuing admin, and has the most knowledge about the situation. We have our own internal discussions if need be.

China level censorship right here.
You wouldn't know that level of censorship if it bit you in the ass. China level would be permanently banning you from the server, banning your forum account, erasing all your posts, and then you mysteriously disappear one night.

Also did you just imply that I'm not an actual person simply because I value my privacy? Cool.
No I straight up said you are an anonymous person behind a monitor because that's how the internet works. Everyone is like that by default. The south park guys don't have that luxury because they have contracts, meetings with executives, records upon records on file with their employer and the FCC, etc... Maybe use some of those 'non-existent' brain cells for yourself too.

I tried to be nice and point out the bigger picture to you in my previous post, but since you want to be all 'hurr durr I'm a comedy genius and Skial sucks' you can die on that hill. We have rules. You broke them. Appeal denied.

You're lucky no one caught a vid of you also pressuring a child into saying the word, to which you immediately reacted as though they were some racist that deserved to be votekicked. Fortunately, you had no idea how to do so until later on. If my memory serves correctly, you were then vote muted after the demo. Changing your name, then instantly changing it to 'Changed Man' clearly shows you know what you did was against the rules. You are self aware that your actions could have consequences, and yet you still chose to make these choices and then attempt to defend them as if it's some misunderstanding around jokes and so on. You had a choice to be good or be bad, your choice here is revealing, friend.
That was again, part of a joke. It's so obviously sarcasm you can't even be serious lmao, I didn't actually think he was racist I was making fun of people on twitter who cancel people despite context. Also, the Changed Man thing was a bit. Doesn't show shit m8. Btw I'm not your friend ya sensitive prick.

No. In other words to stop whiny bitches like you from actually being racist and hiding behind 'it was a joke!' we have strict rules about racism.

Doesn't matter. If it violated our rules, it gets punished.

Jermaphobe was the issuing admin, and has the most knowledge about the situation. We have our own internal discussions if need be.

You wouldn't know that level of censorship if it bit you in the ass. China level would be permanently banning you from the server, banning your forum account, erasing all your posts, and then you mysteriously disappear one night.

No I straight up said you are an anonymous person behind a monitor because that's how the internet works. Everyone is like that by default. The south park guys don't have that luxury because they have contracts, meetings with executives, records upon records on file with their employer and the FCC, etc... Maybe use some of those 'non-existent' brain cells for yourself too.

I tried to be nice and point out the bigger picture to you in my previous post, but since you want to be all 'hurr durr I'm a comedy genius and Skial sucks' you can die on that hill. We have rules. You broke them. Appeal denied.
Go outside and touch some grass m8. Kick rocks.

Come to think of it I was making fun of all racist on every side.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Go outside and touch some grass m8. Kick rocks.
I actually just got back from a lovely week at the beach, so I'm good. Maybe you should take your own advice since you seem to be so worried about this thread.
Shit server anyway lol.
Well in that case you won't mind a permanent ban then right?
In conclusion. Comedy achieved. Skial mods: Butthurt. Viper: 1, Laggy ass server: 0
In conclusion, comedy: cringey and non-existent. Skial mods: doing their job enforcing the rules against racism. Viper: still silenced. Skial servers: still full and better off.

Do you feel better now that you had your little tantrum? Feel vindicated? Oh boy you sure told us! </sarcasm>

"I actually just got back from a lovely week at the beach, so I'm good. Maybe you should take your own advice since you seem to be so worried about this thread."

You're an admin on a tf2 server lmao. Stop lying, it's a sin! I am not worried at all I'm just accepting free entertainment from lolcows like you. What a troglodyte, sensitive insufferable jackass lmao.

• Sad
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation
Status
Not open for further replies.