• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Ewheeler121

Unremarkable User
The current IP I'm on is my home IP and I will be moving to college very soon so it will change. I have no idea who this Bob Ross account is and how he magically appeared on my home IP as we change the password monthly.

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Your current IP is not the one you were initially banned on. You got banned on a different IP and since you were banned it moved to your current home IP.

Can you identify the IP you were initially banned on?

Ewheeler121

Unremarkable User
The only 2 IP I have played on were my college IP and my home IP. I was at home when this ban was placed so it could not have been from my college IP and I've never used a VPN to play TF2 besides maybe using Geforce Now around 2 years ago. Unless my IP changed the only IP I could give you would be my home IP.

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You were banned a year ago on a educational IP, I just needed your confirmation that you were indeed on a college connection at the time. Your story lines up with what I looked into. The original cheater attended your college and attempted to play on that IP, since then that IP got banned and anyone on that college connection who tried to play was banned. Your ban was a year ago from that same IP.

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Correct, even if I unban you you'll need to avoid the college IP as it is tainted. As for your appeal, I've confirmed the IP is educational and that you are not tied to the original offender and as such, I'll unban you. Remember to avoid VPNs on our servers as we do not allow them and make sure to avoid your college connection. Your current home IP will be cleared though so you should be able to play from home.

Appeal Accepted. Stay out of trouble.