• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

DingDong

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban from here https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/
Please click on Ban List or Comm List and click advanced search.

https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/in...Search=[U:1:178216695]&advType=steamid&Submit

Why should you be unbanned?
I have logged countless hours on this server and my time on TF2 is spent exclusively here. I feel that a permanent ban was completely unwarranted. The ban reason says "Offensive item name", but I was never informed of any issue with any of my items and their respective names. Some kind of communication would've been nice prior to a ban. I hope you can see how an abrupt permanent ban from my favorite server could be bothersome and seen as unprofessional through my eyes. As a loyal and active Skial player, I believe I should be unbanned and given some kind of explanation as to this inconvenience.

Thanks,
DingDong

DingDong

Unremarkable User
Just in case an unprovoked and unintentional offense isn't an adequate enough reason to be unbanned, there's also this.

"Here are the standard ban lengths. Use longer ban times based on the seriousness of the offense, or if the person plays rarely and would not be affected by a short ban time, or is a repeat offender.
  • 1 day
  • 3 days
  • 1 week
  • 1 month
  • Permanent
Permanent bans are now only reserved for serious offenses such as:
  • Using or advertising hacks.
  • DDoS attacks.
  • Posting illegal information/sprays
  • Posting personal information without consent
  • Scamming
" -Admin Reference Guide

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yeah and we also reserve the right to use our better judgement on any case, hence why they are the "standard" times and we say we can use longer ban times. We absolutely have the right to immediately and permanently ban or silence someone, if for nothing else to get their attention and make them come to the forums for an appeal. Now, given that item names can not be censored, muted, or silenced, we are left only with the ban. Therefore, to stop people from seeing your racist weapon we will keep you out of the servers until it is either renamed or deleted.

Given your propensity to dig through the forums for all the rules and regulations, I'm sure you've seen racism is against the rules, yes? If you don't think "Negro Smasher" is racist, then, well there are deeper issues here...

DingDong

Unremarkable User
Once again, this being an issue was not mentioned to me in any degree. I would gladly use another weapon since this is just a re-skin of the stock melee, but I previously saw no need to. I renamed this item back when it was released as a joke and an obvious play on words. No racism was/is intended. In playing for thousands of hours on hundreds of servers, nobody has ever once had an issue with it. This includes players on your own server, who also never brought it up. And as I've said, I never intend any racism, I just always have the melee equipped for its crit percentage and forget it's even renamed.
Based on principle, I will not be renaming/deleting this item. However, I will gladly never have it equipped while I play on any and all Skial servers to adhere to this new information. I am generally a very friendly/considerate player and feel like I've begun to become a recognized face around here. I hope to continue playing Saxton Hale here, as I have no plans to go elsewhere.

I don't appreciate your smartassery. And my "propensity to dig through the forums" has only been fueled by a desire to be involved in the community through possible suggestions, staff positions, etc. I apologize for my irritated tone, I just don't enjoy being treated like a run-of-the-mill troublemaking player when in reality my intentions are to be an active, respectable member of the community.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Once again, this being an issue was not mentioned to me in any degree.
Racism is against our rules. We don't have to mention it. All our servers tell you very frequently to type '!rules' to see them, there really isn't any excuse.

In playing for thousands of hours on hundreds of servers, nobody has ever once had an issue with it.
Oh well you see officer I regularly exceed the posted speed limit down this road and nobody ever had a problem with it before!

Based on principle, I will not be renaming/deleting this item.
Based on our rules you won't be getting back on the servers then.

my intentions are to be an active, respectable member of the community.
Fine. Active respectable members of the community follow the rules with or without being explicitly told and expecting a warning each time they break one.

However, I will gladly never have it equipped while I play on any and all Skial servers to adhere to this new information.
Nope. Nothing prevents you from equipping it beyond your word. Sell it, rename it, delete it.

I apologize for my irritated tone, I just don't enjoy being treated like a run-of-the-mill troublemaking player
Nobody is saying you are, and nobody is judging you. This is a simple case of an item breaking our rules. I apologize if I came off short, but it happens sometimes when dealing with the deluge of dumb people appealing. They think they can be smart assess with us, so I beat them to the punch.

DingDong

Unremarkable User

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Thank you and welcome back. I think "That's it! I'm gettin' me mallet!" is funnier anyway :)